Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk and Ryan back for the FA Cup? Dilemmas for Hughton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always get a little titsy when managers drop the players that got them there in favour of the 'stars'.
It's odd to now br looking at it from the other side of the fence. :lol:

#SmallMentality.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's going to be a toxic atmosphere which many of our players won't have experienced before? The players on the pitch will need lots of character to fight for the right to play our game but with cool heads.

I would go with something like this (bar any knocks/illnesses/form)

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Burn
Bong

Kayal
Stephens
Propper

Knockeart
Murray
Izquierdo/Locadia

I would play Murray over Andone, I think they would try and wind up Andone constantly hoping he gets sent off.
Have Stephens and Kayal there to control the midfield, plus they have experience of playing there and playing Millwall. With Propper playing slightly more forward. Most of that team above will have experienced the New Den before and know what to expect.

It will be about keeping it tight for the first half to quiet down the crowd, take control of the midfield and then start to take the chances that come our way, maybe not till the second half.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I doubt Button was promised the spot for the FA Cup at all , as i seem to remember it CH stated that Steele would be the first choice for the FA Cup and he played in the 3rd round then got injured so i doubt Mr Button will mind deferring to Ryan or Steele , it's a huge game and i'm pretty sure if fit Ryan will be between the sticks .

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ok, Balogun was more at fault, but Burn's woeful clearance caused the chaos.

And his equally woeful clearance against Derby went straight to Ashley Cole.

I'm not writing off Burn forever - I'm sure he's a great prospect - but he's clearly no Dunk or Duffy right now, so if CH picks him for Millwall, he is actively weakening the team.

It’s easy to forget that Dunk is quite fond of falling over, blind back passes, own goals, and misplaced forward passes.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I doubt Button was promised the spot for the FA Cup at all , as i seem to remember it CH stated that Steele would be the first choice for the FA Cup and he played in the 3rd round then got injured so i doubt Mr Button will mind deferring to Ryan or Steele

Yes, you're right, of course.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That's a harsh assessment on Burn, who has been terrific.

FWIW, I'd go full strength

Do we think Button has been promised the GK spot in the cup? Even if we got to the final?!

Will Dan 'two assists for the opposition' Burn keep his place, or will CH revert to D&D?

I'd assume Bernardo, Kayal, Bruno and especially AK all have a decent chance of starting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm not writing off Burn forever - I'm sure he's a great prospect - but he's clearly no Dunk or Duffy right now, so if CH picks him for Millwall, he is actively weakening the team.

I thought it was a good header out of the danger zone, but where was Bruno? Why wasn't he marking Cole?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
first team hardly covering selves in glory at the moment. So would keep doing what he's been doing. Andone starts though

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup best 11 IMO. I believe it’s international weekend following the QF weekend so NO excuses.

If we play a weakened team and get knocked out I will be fuming.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009

Dan Burn is 26yo he should be more than a prospect by now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven’t read too much NSC over the last few days, has anyone else mentioned a rather worrying feeling of Deja Vu given our progress in the FA Cup and our current plight in the Premier League???.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Got to go full strength for Millwall. Bollocks to the league we will be fine. Won't have a better opportunity of getting to a final.

Agreed. It's potentially three more matches. And also a payday for the club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's going to be a toxic atmosphere which many of our players won't have experienced before? The players on the pitch will need lots of character to fight for the right to play our game but with cool heads.

I would go with something like this (bar any knocks/illnesses/form)

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Burn
Bong

Kayal
Stephens
Propper

Knockeart
Murray
Izquierdo/Locadia

I would play Murray over Andone, I think they would try and wind up Andone constantly hoping he gets sent off.
Have Stephens and Kayal there to control the midfield, plus they have experience of playing there and playing Millwall. With Propper playing slightly more forward. Most of that team above will have experienced the New Den before and know what to expect.

It will be about keeping it tight for the first half to quiet down the crowd, take control of the midfield and then start to take the chances that come our way, maybe not till the second half.

I like that team.

It’s about stopping them score. There is a theme to the goals they hit up Everton with. All three Millwall goals were scored as a result of their players winning the initial header after a punt/free kick/corner towards the box.

https://youtu.be/90X0xddSvR8

Duffy and Burn heading all their long balls away 1st time allied to the aerial ability of Bruno/Bong (preferred to Montoya/Bernardo) is the way to go for me.

Murray is good defensively in the box too.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here