Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Up above the streets and houses, Rainbow climbing high!"

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
Football Hooliganism!

While reading other football sites I came across this on the Cardiff site and I found it highly amusing so I thought I'd share it with you, It's the funniest thing I've read for a good while :lol:

Whilst most people know about the hooligan violence that blighted football in the 70's and 80's, few people will be aware of the clashes that took place between rival children's TV gangs.

This week sees the publication of Congratulations...you've just met the RJF, the long awaited biography from children's TV favourites, Rod, Jane and Freddy.

This explosive book brings readers face to face with the relentless violence of 80's kiddies TV.

Sports Offensive reprints these exclusive extracts.

Beginnings

Rod: In 1979 there were a lot of really useful firms operating out of ITV and "The Rainbow Boys" were one of the best in the business. The problem was, because we were new, we were always on the outside looking in. It was time to make a bit of a noise and show them we could handle ourselves.

Freddy: We decided we were going to take Play School in their home pub, Chatters wine bar in Hampstead. On the face of it, it was a fecking
ridiculous thing to do. They were pretty handy and had a big reputation,but that didn't mean nothing to us. We were ready to make our mark and didn't care how we did it.

Jane: We got there early and just kept a low profile. Pretty soon the whole place was filling up. There were quite a few faces in there: Fred Harris, Derek Griffiths, Big Ted. I can't say it bothered me. All I was thinking was, "You're going to get it, you numpties!"

Rod: I think it was Johnny Ball who clocked us. I can remember him saying something like "I can think of a number: the three feckers stood over
there" and it all kicked off. Even though they hit us with everything they had, we took it. All I can remember is Freddy screaming, "Hold the line, just hold the fecking line" and we did.

Jane: I didn't think they could believe that three of us had taken about forty of them at their place. They just melted away, flicking the V's at us and looking like a total set of p*ssies. I saw Hamble with blood p*ssing from an open head wound. To be honest I was too wound up to care.

Rod: We walked away from there with our heads held high. The Rainbow Boys would have to take notice now. Rod, Jane and Freddy had well and truly arrived.

The Battle of Blue Peter

Rod: There's been a whole heap of bullsh*t spoken about who vandalised the Blue Peter Garden. The truth is that place got torn up in one of the maddest, bloodiest children's television rucks I can ever remember.

Jane: Blue Peter were always giving it some about how they were the best in the business. We were happy to let them think that. Our feeling was they'd got sloppy and hadn't fought anyone decent for about five years. Their
shows always went out live, so the plan was to wait until the end of the live broadcast and pile in. The trouble was it didn't work out like that.

Freddy: We'd gone over the wall and started heading towards them. It was Simon Groom and Janet Ellis and we could tell we'd taken them by surprise.
Rod wades in and bang, bang, bang they both go down like a sack of sh*t. It was all a bit too easy and we couldn't work out why the camera crew were holding back. Then we realised, they'd been having some sort of past presenter's reunion. They all came pouring out of the studios: Noakes, Purves, Singleton; all ready to kick seven shades of sh*t out of us.

Jane: As far as we were concerned there was only one thing to do. Stand our ground. Other firms would have run but we just thought, ##### it, this far and no further. It wasn't easy mind. They were tooled up with bottle tops
from a bring and buy sale. Peter Duncan was just wading into us with a bicyclechain shouting, "Take that you c*nts!" I honestly didn't think we'd last much longer.

Rod: Then we heard it. The best sound in the world; "Up above the streets and houses, Rainbow climbing high!" It was The Rainbow Boys battle
cry...the cavalry was coming. Zippy dropped the nut on Biddy Baxter and suddenly things were a bit more even. I swear on my mother's grave if security hadn't stepped in we'd have murdered the b*stards.

Freddy: The garden was totally fecked. They covered it up and said it was the work of vandals. No it wasn't, it was the scene of our finest hour.

Congratulations...You've Just Met The RJF is published by Hodder and
Staunton and retails at £7.99

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here