Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wembley

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'd take a relegation if it meant winning the Cup.

Will nobody think of the money?!!

What is an FA Cup win worth versus the ridiculous money in the PL.

Get relegated and we lose the PL & telly money, players will go (or we will have to pay them PL money to play in the Championship). We know how hard it is to get out of the Championship; no guarantee we will come straight back up. Risk of us going on the slide like Wigan and Sunderland have done in recent memory.

Then what? The plastics disappear. And so does Barber's waiting list. He then has to back down and let bottle tops back because he can't afford to piss off the fans as he has done since we got to the PL.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
So?

We'll have won the FA Cup !!

We didn't win the cup in 1983 and got relegated, who's to say even if we put everything in to the cup and get to the final we will win. Is relegation worth the risk? I can tell you it's not!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So?

We'll have won the FA Cup !!

And got relegated, and probably had to let our most talented players leave, and then spend who knows how many seasons getting back to where we are now.

Surely the outlook should be win the FA Cup and stay in the PL

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will nobody think of the money?!!

What is an FA Cup win worth versus the ridiculous money in the PL.

Get relegated and we lose the PL & telly money, players will go (or we will have to pay them PL money to play in the Championship). We know how hard it is to get out of the Championship; no guarantee we will come straight back up. Risk of us going on the slide like Wigan and Sunderland have done in recent memory.

Then what? The plastics disappear. And so does Barber's waiting list. He then has to back down and let bottle tops back because he can't afford to piss off the fans as he has done since we got to the PL.

Thanks just the thinking that started our downward spiral from 1983

So supporting a club is no longer about winning things, its about how much money the club has in the bank ? Yes, thats why I turn up at the Amex every other week. To see how much money the club can make. Who wants historic wins and silverware when we can look forward every year to the Accounts being published. :rolleyes:

The downward spiral from 1983 primarily occurred because the club was massively overspending on players wages at a completely unsustainable level. Our situation is very different now, with an owner who has kept tight control on the playing budget and ensured we remain the right side of FFP. Relegation would obviously be a sickener, but it would not be an outright catastrophy for BHA. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but we would be well placed to make a return at some point in the medium term.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Win the cup
The piss up to end all piss ups
Parade along the seafront
In March 2020 about 10,000 babies given the name Glenn/Solly/Pascal/Yves/Knocky no matter the gender!
FA cups everywhere
Triangular corner flags FOREVER
We would never, EVER, let Palace forget it.
Europe
We can always get re-promoted.

End of thread

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Well you learn something new every day as the saying goes. Wondered what the hell you were on about and had to google it. I never knew that. :thumbsup:

I never knew that either. We def need triangular corner flags now so we have to win it

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'd take a relegation if it meant winning the Cup.

Yes, I'd take that. Getting the name on the cup is forever and something to get doe eyed about in my frail dotage. Another season in the Prem, as wonderful as it all is, will probably amount to a further battle for survival and away games that make daytime TV seem appealing by comparison.

As much as I don't want us to go down, the set up at the club is fundamentally different these days. Bloom hasn't bet the farm on silly wages and will almost certainly have contingencies in place for relegation. I'd fancy our chances of being competitive the following season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry to be boring but staying in the PL will allow the club to continue to grow and then one day (3-4 years) we might be safe top 10, winning games prettily and able to go for the cup. Relegation would certainly mean losing some of our better players and we have all seen how difficult it is to recruit new talent. So no trade off for me.

If we get relegated we get relegated but please don't wish for relegation for the sake of one day.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The cup is a massive and extraordinarily dangerous distraction...we need to focus on staying in the PL, that's all that matters.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Winning trophies will always be what I want my club to win over staying in a division.
I've spent nearly 50 years watching the club I love mostly struggle with a few ups along the way.
Seeing that jug lofted high in the air with one of my heroes underneath it would be one of the highlights of my lifetime.
Anyone that believes differently should consider why they support BHA imo.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm another for cup over league. Football is about glory and passion. Winning something beats finishing 17th for me.

However I can't say I am overly excited by the likely pricing of the semi final and/or final.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...riticised-for-fa-cup-semi-final-ticket-prices

Last season prices ranged from £30-80 for the semi final and £45-£145 for the final. Not sure how many of the cheaper tickets are available and they are likely to be top tier shit seats.

This is from Spurs website for last season's semi final - Prices: £80 (£70 Concession), £65 (£55), £45 (£35) and £30 (£20). Concession tickets will be available in all areas of our allocation.

For a family of four like mine even at the cheapest end that's £300 for 180 minutes of fun. At the more likely mid range it could be £500+*

*I'll obviously be going anyway (mugs the lot of us!)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry to be boring but staying in the PL will allow the club to continue to grow and then one day (3-4 years) we might be safe top 10, winning games prettily and able to go for the cup. Relegation would certainly mean losing some of our better players and we have all seen how difficult it is to recruit new talent. So no trade off for me.

If we get relegated we get relegated but please don't wish for relegation for the sake of one day.

How many clubs have achieved that then?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For goodness sake, we are not going to win the FA cup. Let's just enjoy getting as far as we can go, but whilst the two Manchester clubs are in it, we won't win the trophy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Winning trophies will always be what I want my club to win over staying in a division.
I've spent nearly 50 years watching the club I love mostly struggle with a few ups along the way.
Seeing that jug lofted high in the air with one of my heroes underneath it would be one of the highlights of my lifetime.
Anyone that believes differently should consider why they support BHA imo.

Well said.

I think the media obsession with the Premier League and the constant references to the associated money involved has "brainwashed" some people into believing it truly is the be-all and end-all to be in the Premier League, as though playing in any other division is somehow meaningless. What bobbins. I've followed this club up and down the divisions most of my life, through good times, bad times and great times. As long as it continues to exist, I will always follow BHA regardless of what League we're in. I'm loving being in the PL, but I've loved being in the Championship as well.

Seeing us lift that famous trophy would be absolutely epic. Getting into Europe would be an unbelievable adventure. Surely THATS what its all about - after all, we're fans, not accountants (well, some of us are accountants as well, but you get my point).

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Well said.

I think the media obsession with the Premier League and the constant references to the associated money involved has "brainwashed" some people into believing it truly is the be-all and end-all to be in the Premier League, as though playing in any other division is somehow meaningless. What bobbins. I've followed this club up and down the divisions most of my life, through good times, bad times and great times. As long as it continues to exist, I will always follow BHA regardless of what League we're in. I'm loving being in the PL, but I've loved being in the Championship as well.

Seeing us lift that famous trophy would be absolutely epic. Getting into Europe would be an unbelievable adventure. Surely THATS what its all about - after all, we're fans, not accountants (well, some of us are accountants as well, but you get my point).
Entirely agree.
As much as I want the club to establish itself as a respected and successfully run club.
Winning silverware will always be paramount in my support.
I love winning and struggle to accept it when we lose games.
Man Utd beating us in 83 still hurts far more than any relegation we have endured.. I want that put right and would love it to be against them or Palace.
Winning THE world's premiere domestic cup competition is what all of us dreamed of when we started out following our club... isn't it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel a poll is needed. Care to oblige [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] ?

Oh goody.....

Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here