Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bum bandits

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I had a little look on milwall forum gawd bless the sarf lundeners and their over compensating fans the bantz is second to none from that lot. The last time I went there the chant sung back by us was you’re all wearing pink as I recall they didnt like that one bit I believe we won too

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must says there's still a section of their fans stuck in some kind of parallel universe

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The last time I was there, I was actually invited into an "executive box", which was taken by some former shirt sponsors, so I felt that was pretty much as far up the Millwall food chain as I could get. Any different? Nope.

The owner of the company, spent the entire first half dishing out abuse, particularly at Calderon, as he was right below us. Because he had a decent amount of hair, the guy decided he was a "gypo" and that was the main theme of his abuse. Until he mentioned something about "your gypo caravan ...." when one of his mates picked him up on it with "oy, leave it aaauuutt, you know we love our caravan."

Leaving the ground from essentially the Millwall part of the ground was also an experience. Clearly the homophobic stuff is very much reserved for us, because as the usual chants were going up, some lads around me - not kids, late 20s, early 30s - were pishing themselves laughing, and regularly saying stuff like "that's brilliant that one, I've never heard that before" and as much as it may sound like it reading it back now, they were definitely NOT being ironic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lat time I went (Forster, 1-0 to The Albion) I was in the Millwall Family Enclosure (a mate of mine's mate has two tickets and gave them to us for the day). Next to us was a shaven headed bloke in a white t shirt, leather jacket and jeans. With him was his son, age about nine, shaven headed, white t shirt, PVC jacket and jeans.

'You farkin caaant!' screamed the dad.

'You farkin caaant!' screamed the kid.

Heartwarming stuff.

After our goal, my mate and I sat on our hands, shaking our heads in mock sadness, smirking, as the farkin caaant duo and the rest of the family enclosure hopped up and down in um-diddle-iddle fury.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The best way to deal with it would be to take a few rainbow banners with the TV and media picking up on it, then when there is some homophobic abuse, the media go mad and slam Millwall for what they really are.

Neanderthals that need to be eradicated from football. All eyes will be on them with it being an FA Cup quarter final.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Lat time I went (Forster, 1-0 to The Albion) I was in the Millwall Family Enclosure (a mate of mine's mate has two tickets and gave them to us for the day). Next to us was a shaven headed bloke in a white t shirt, leather jacket and jeans. With him was his son, age about nine, shaven headed, white t shirt, PVC jacket and jeans.

Heartwarming stuff.

After our goal, my mate and I sat on our hands, shaking our heads in mock sadness, smirking, as the farkin caaant duo and the rest of the family enclosure hopped up and down in um-diddle-iddle fury.

Were they screaming at each other?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I will fully support Barber should he decide to cash in with a special FA cup kit. As long as it's either pink and glittery or rainbow.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The best way to deal with it would be to take a few rainbow banners with the TV and media picking up on it, then when there is some homophobic abuse, the media go mad and slam Millwall for what they really are.

Neanderthals that need to be eradicated from football. All eyes will be on them with it being an FA Cup quarter final.

I will fully support Barber should he decide to cash in with a special FA cup kit. As long as it's either pink and glittery or rainbow.

This.............

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

We've missed the boat on that one

Altrincham FC: Non-league team tackles homophobia in rainbow kit

rainbow.jpg

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just sing you to ugly to be gay that always gets them going.
Seriously just ignore them and get behind our team but be carful.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
lets not be too precious .

Go to the game , give it back to them about whatever.

Hopefully get the win

Move on , no harm done

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's becoming a redundant point. It's not just this banal line of ignorance they churn out- they'll be much more. Homophobia, racism etc often fuse into a single character.

Millwall just attracts this type of person. Of course, like one of their patriarchs said, they are not the only club. But most seemed to have moved on to greater or lesser degrees.

The problem is there's. If they are not dealing with it then so it remains.

Ultimately, you change people to change society- not the other way round. I guess this proves the point.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Pink shirts and jazz hands singing their pub song. Don't think they do irony.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Heartwarming stuff.

Virgo scored didn't he?
https://www.11v11.com/matches/millwall-v-brighton-and-hove-albion-21-february-2009-284406/

If I remember rightly, it was just after their troubles with West Ham and some brainiac from the Brighton fans started signing "bubbles" on the way back to the station. A fun journey to London Bridge had by all......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here