Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall allocation

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yes it does start from London Bridge (though you could travel from East Croydon via West Norwood and Gypsy Hill I think which would open up more drinking choices) Sth Bermondsey is one stop and 4 minutes from London Bridge

Cheers for the info

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When will the date/ time be announced any ideas?

I'd hazard a guess that Man City v Swansea will be 17:45 Saturday as that will mean that if it goes to penalties the away fans can't get home on the train.
Man United will be the Sunday game because they want the biggest audience for the Solkjaer ****-fest
I reckon we will be Saturday 12:00 on police advice leaving Watford/Palace on friday night

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wembley 2 years ago chasing families across the top tier in a play off final.

A couple of years before that large scale fighting at Wembley, surprisingly broadcast on TV. Bloodied faces and the dickhead who nicked a policeman’s helmet for all to see.

Did they get any sort of punishment for this? Looking back at that video they were having a proper go at the police.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Millwall must be laughing their bollocks off at this forum today.

Sort it out those being fannies !!

Laugh as much as they like. Who cares ? Does it matter ?

Folk are expressing views about safety concerns around a football match- whether real or imagined. It's normal for grown adults to express such concerns if they are worried about trouble.

The input of others has been helpful in this.

Worrying about not being seen as tough is so 1970s.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I've been to both New Den and Old Den.

In many respects going to the New Den is safer than most stadiums, provided you go by train. That way you are totally segregated from the home support.

I once made the mistake of going by car, which is okay pre-match when you can blend in, but post match you literally walk straight out into the home support. I recall on one occasion I seemed to be the only one doing it and it felt quite intimidating. Nothing happened, but i'd say it isn't worth the risk.

Go by train though and it'll be completely fine.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'd hazard a guess that Man City v Swansea will be 17:45 Saturday as that will mean that if it goes to penalties the away fans can't get home on the train.
Man United will be the Sunday game because they want the biggest audience for the Solkjaer ****-fest
I reckon we will be Saturday 12:00 on police advice leaving Watford/Palace on friday night

Swansea are at home, and there is a Six Nations match at Cardiff on the Saturday.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I've been to both New Den and Old Den.

In many respects going to the New Den is safer than most stadiums, provided you go by train. That way you are totally segregated from the home support.

I once made the mistake of going by car, which is okay pre-match when you can blend in, but post match you literally walk straight out into the home support. I recall on one occasion I seemed to be the only one doing it and it felt quite intimidating. Nothing happened, but i'd say it isn't worth the risk.

Go by train though and it'll be completely fine.

Maybe its changed but I recall the match in Feb 2009, we beat them 1-0 at the New Den and the crowd was completely mixed going into the train station. Not pleasant at all, lots of pushing and shoving trying to start fights

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Very good. Maybe they could remove the seats from the lower tier and turn the whole area into something more in keeping with their reputation, such as a giant ball pit for the kids #familycluboftheyear

Pitballs you mean

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Yes it does start from London Bridge (though you could travel from East Croydon via West Norwood and Gypsy Hill I think which would open up more drinking choices) Sth Bermondsey is one stop and 4 minutes from London Bridge

Nearly - From EC it's generally Selhurst, Norbury, Streatham, Tulse Hill, East Dulwich, Both Peckhams, then SB (before LB)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Ah, well done. Not sure of drinking options using that route to be honest but there must be something there. There isn't much near the ground for home fans let alone away friendly pubs

The railway at TH is a good boozer, owned by palace STH friend of mine, but would get the right hump if a load of BHA went in there in colours.. :lolol:

Good few places via East Dulwich, down Lordship lane way.

The rest.. bit of a shit hole.. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here