Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall allocation

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It follows a police directive after a League Cup match against Liverpool where Liverpool fans ripped up the seats and threw them on to the pitch and at fans in the lower West Stand and some fans were able to reach each other from the lower tiers.

I think its right that the lower tiers don't get opened

Some shocking taunts over the Hillsborough disaster. Nothing is forbidden amongst their 'fans'.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I reckon we will get around 3000 including about half of the lower tier - with the seats nearest the pitch covered with advertising canvas. Happy compromise for all.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Some shocking taunts over the Hillsborough disaster. Nothing is forbidden amongst their 'fans'.
I was at the match and didn't hear such taunts but because I didn't hear it that doesn't mean they didn't happen; however that's the default claim by Liverpool fans every time their fans do anything wrong. Throwing broken seats into the lower West stand has no defence. You look around grounds anywhere in the country and the front of stands is often where you find young kids because kids by their very nature like to be close to the players. Two wrongs don't make a right

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How it should be-
12:30 KO with BHA given upper tier and back half of the lower tier. Pitch side 10 rows and corner covered so no access.
How it will be-
5:30 KO with riots at all the pubs. Other London fans coming in to the area for a punch up. On the day Brighton fans declared worst in the land until a week later all those in court give London addresses and had no ticket for game.

Best option would be to open the Amex from day 1 of ticket sales with beam back.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was at the match and didn't hear such taunts but because I didn't hear it that doesn't mean they didn't happen; however that's the default claim by Liverpool fans every time their fans do anything wrong. Throwing broken seats into the lower West stand has no defence. You look around grounds anywhere in the country and the front of stands is often where you find young kids because kids by their very nature like to be close to the players. Two wrongs don't make a right

Last time I was at the Den there were indeed kids closest to the away fans including a handful of 10 year olds that ran towards the away end every time anything happened on the pitch. The best one was the little ginger kid who kept making throat cutting gestures :bowdown:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Last season Q/F were:

Sat 12:15
Sat 19:45
Sun 13:30
Sun 16:30

This year there are no PL live games on the Saturday so expect 12:15/30 & 17:30 kick offs.
On the Sunday SKY have games at 14:15 and 16:30. So I'd expect a 12:00 kick off on the Sunday and either a Friday or Monday night for the other game or a late Sunday kick off 18:30 kick off.

16th March is also the final day of the rugby 6Nations and England could potentially be in a grand slam match vs Scotland at 5pm. Its on ITV not BBC so perhaps BBC/BT Sport won't care much about that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hope not, would mean missing a race I've entered. Hoping for Saturday lunchtime

Saturday lunchtime and Burgess Park Parkrun in the morning.
You don't want to miss the race Sunday. I'll take the ticket off your hands.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The problem is there are several parts of London that are very rough. Most of these parts are not right on top of football league grounds. The majority of very dodgy areas being in South East London etc. However Millwall's ground is unfortunately right in the middle of a very rough area. Hence the police know despite giving the club warnings there is a high risk of trouble at a quarter final game so they want as much segregation as possible. Unusually for London this rough area is not as a result of young gang member thugs ridding around on push bikes listening to rap , high on drugs and stabing people but older men who you think would be too embarrassed to behave like a 1970s football lout.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why? When was the last time a Brighton fan was hurt at Millwall?

Thanks to a great police operation and caged separation outside the ground.

If Millwall get knocked out, they are such bad losers, they’ll be determined to hurt away fans/police. They have form every time a play off game, or Wembley appearance, doesn’t go their way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here