Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup match thread

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Millwall are undoubtedly thinking the same.

We are probably the weakest side, other than Millwall, left in the tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Weaker than 13th in Championship Swansea. Don’t be silly!!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yeah remember that - they were flinging around a coppers hat which was on fire!!! Strange evening.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Although one of my guiltiest pleasures was watching the North Stand at the Goldstone throwing a coppers helmet around even his colleagues were laughing. Wish I could remember what game that was.

Chanting to the tune of wheres your helmet gone

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Weaker than 13th in Championship Swansea. Don’t be silly!!
Which part of "I forgot about Swansea" did you fail to understand?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Its not nice when you win at the Den, the train station set up is a death trap

That's the worst part of the day - South Bermondsey station. The platforms seem very narrow and so high up.

The conversation should turn to how crap West Ham are and their soulless Olympic stadium. :wink:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Our house is lively now. Junior is giving it the biggun.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've been lucky. Millwall are no pushovers but they are weaker than all the teams we've beaten before in this competition. We won't get a better chance of an FA cup semi final for many years.

If we can pick up a couple of league wins before that, it should reassure Hughton that he can pick our strongest 11.

Bloody hell, can we actually do this?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
That's the worst part of the day - South Bermondsey station. The platforms seem very narrow and so high up.

The conversation should turn to how crap West Ham are and their soulless Olympic stadium. :wink:

Durlston! Thanks for your PM. You are most welcome. The palace (lowercase p!) guy was real ok actually. Glad you have recovered.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
F*** me, you’re right! I often read the opposition fans’ forums to get a different perspective, but three pages in on their forum and the number of “gay banter” comments is in to double figures. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were witty and original - but the again, no chance.

It's so pathetic and sad but if they were at home to Cardiff, well everyone knows what they'd do. Sick aeroplane gestures. It's going to have to be a thick skin day unfortunately. :down:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Well, being the last three balls to be drawn and 50-50 chance of playing Man Utd, I'll take that.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Dodgy maths. With three balls left, we had a 1 in 3 chance of playing United - only if Millwall were picked out first, from those three balls.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Man City are playing Champions League in the week so they will get the Sunday schedule.
Man Utd can then have the Sat evening which will bring good viewing figures.
The other 2 can fill the Friday & Monday.
As there is a real chance of upset what better way to start with us on the Friday.
Here’s hoping the 15th (Fri) & 18th (Mon) were only there in case other Champions League teams had got this far.
Saturday lunchtime 12:30 maybe with this allowing police to stop the all day drinking of the Everton tie.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
18d7441885c99b54a6bde540f91c1d3c.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm no chicken and one way or the other I will go.
League game I would not be slightly bothered but this type of game is exactly when they all come out.
It would be madness to make it an evening game.

Work with a millwall fan and what your saying is very true. Been out with his sarf London mates in Brighton good crew and would cover your back. Face them in a footy match its different they are nuts

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Durlston! Thanks for your PM. You are most welcome. The palace (lowercase p!) guy was real ok actually. Glad you have recovered.

I remember that now! In those times things like that really help. Cheers mate. Feel back to normal this week. Can't believe it's almost a fortnight ago. The time has gone so quickly.

Thanks for your best wishes. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gonna be tough but would have bitten your arm off for that. Should take a noisy away following up there...

Jimmy Grimble

Man City are playing Champions League in the week so they will get the Sunday schedule.
Man Utd can then have the Sat evening which will bring good viewing figures.
The other 2 can fill the Friday & Monday.
As there is a real chance of upset what better way to start with us on the Friday.
Here’s hoping the 15th (Fri) & 18th (Mon) were only there in case other Champions League teams had got this far.
Saturday lunchtime 12:30 maybe with this allowing police to stop the all day drinking of the Everton tie.

Millwall have a game on the 13th March so will not play on the Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here