Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup match thread

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There would probably never be a better time to play Chelsea than this weekend.

Just our luck.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He doesnt even play the same position he is our deep lying defensive midfielder which allows players like pogba to go forward for Brighton. Really should be asking if you could imagine Gross or Bissouma getting on the end of a header like that.

Little bit like Gross actually did against Man United........

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It’s easy from the outside but some decisions seems so obvious sometimes - Chelsea lack a number 9; why replace Morata with a just as slow (now past it) Higuin and at the same time let Batwhathisname (who fits their template) leave on loan again? Madness.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At least with the absence of replays there is no advantage for any team going for a draw and going for it at home.

I've always loved the tournament. But, even as a kid, replays didn't seem to do much for it. So much more excitement being decided on the day.

I'll never forget Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday in 1979. Listening to all the replays with Bryon Butler and Peter Jones late at night on the small transistor. Had it's moments. But I won't mourn their passing.

DavePage

"Can you ever imagine Dale Stephens being on the end of a header like that?"

The through ball would have gone the opposite direction for a start, so very unlikely. That's assuming he was still on the pitch by the 45th minute.
Apart from that Yes, maybe.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
United's name on the cup this year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He doesnt even play the same position he is our deep lying defensive midfielder which allows players like pogba to go forward for Brighton. Really should be asking if you could imagine Gross or Bissouma getting on the end of a header like that.

Cool.

Ps, it was just a light hearted comment. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here