Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] I like a good drama, Can anyone recommend one?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The comments section of any Argus article is good for some OTT drama.

Reflecting on that, the one good thing about GDPR is that it led me to consider the value of reading their website and reaching the conclusion that it wasn’t worth another second of my life. I have not read it since.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Line of Duty

This is the right answer, and has been the best ongoing series produced in the UK. Killing Eve might prove to be a rival.
I'm a big fan of all the Scandi noirs that feature in the Saturday night BBC4 slot, and am delighted to see that Trapped is now back. First two episodes didn't disappoint, and it's well worth acquainting yourself with the first series too.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This is the right answer, and has been the best ongoing series produced in the UK. Killing Eve might prove to be a rival.
I'm a big fan of all the Scandi noirs that feature in the Saturday night BBC4 slot, and am delighted to see that Trapped is now back. First two episodes didn't disappoint, and it's well worth acquainting yourself with the first series too.

Spot on re: Trapped. Great S1 and S2 looks promising. Nice to see main man Ólafur Darri Ólafsson appear (briefly) with Søren Malling as baddies in the recent Gerard Butler movie The Vanishing.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
I must admit that I was all prepared to be disappointed by "Better Call Saul" as it was "only" a spin-off, but I'm well into it and enjoying it very much.
Yep, great show, and a new series due sometime this year.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Das Boot on Sky Atlantic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to stay with it but not a patch on the original one so binned it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

In total agreement with CS here. Thought this re-make was pretty awful and an insult to the original which was, in my view, a masterpiece. if you want gut wrenching, claustrophobic underwater terror watch the original. If you want a watered down part submarine, part resistance , part romantic drama, then watch the re-make.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Period spy drama Traitors, with the smooth Keeley Hawes

Traitors-final-compressed.jpg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
In total agreement with CS here. Thought this re-make was pretty awful and an insult to the original which was, in my view, a masterpiece. if you want gut wrenching, claustrophobic underwater terror watch the original. If you want a watered down part submarine, part resistance , part romantic drama, then watch the re-make.
Yep I felt the same

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Butterflies with Wendy Craig

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

I watched the film after the series and now agree - what an epic, heart wrenching story. Series has too much about the French resistance and their relationships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here