Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said a lot of fans not majority. I know you are okay with it
    I didn't say i'm ok with it and i gave two examples where it impacted upon my day. I'd rather not stand in puddles of coke etc and i'd rather bring a flask that said . I just think we overstate on here how much of this impacts on the vast majority of fans who a) don't care b) don't notice c) don't give two hoots about PB or know who he is.

PS: the article isn't about flasks.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      I didn't say i'm ok with it. I just think we overstate how much of this impacts on the vast majority of fans who a) don't care b) don't notice c) don't give two hoots about PB or know who he is.
      But as I said, it doesn't matter whether they know who Barber is or not, it is about the perception of the club and certainly in the circles of people I know, who have mostly been supporters through thick and thin from the 70's onwards, there is a feeling that these decisions, whilst relatively small in the grand scheme, are out of touch and an over-reaction.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      I think Barber is being very honest with his opinion but he's not doing the club any favours by mentioning isolated incidents or it's a return "to the bad old days" attitude. They've been or being dealt with by the police and courts so I think it should be left there. Considering the attendance figures, the very, very vast majority of fans do behave themselves. I can think of some bad incidents at the Goldstone in the latter years, a couple at Withdean but those were far smaller crowds.

This is a family club and I'm very pleased that my nephew has chosen Brighton and Hove Albion to support and recently started to attend when you have all the plastic Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Manc fans in the school playground.
      "Nothing personal but I don't trust you." Layer Cake 2004.

12 Not allowed!
      How has a good article that speaks volumes about what a decent and progressive club we support been turned into another load of Bottle-top-gate nonsense?

Asking for a friend.
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Pleasing my real bosses but yep.
      Lest we forget:

Paul Barber BHAFC join date: 18 June 2012 @chaileyjem NSC join date: 27 June 2012

Well I never, gorblimey, who'd have thought it etc etc.

All hail the BarberBot
      Last edited by Tom Hark, Preston Park; 18-02-2019 at 16:49.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Miserable Les View Post
      How has a good article that speaks volumes about what a decent and progressive club we support been turned into another load of Bottle-top-gate nonsense?

Asking for a friend.
      Because the stupid rules were introduced with these kind of isolated incidents as an excuse. You'd have to ask Mr Barber for the explanation of why more serious events led us here.

1 Not allowed!
      Because the stupid rules were introduced with these kind of isolated incidents as an excuse. You'd have to ask Mr Barber for the explanation of why more serious events led us here.
      Were they? I thought the bottle top and flask rules were counter terrorism-related, as they are in most venues.

1 Not allowed!
      Were they? I thought the bottle top and flask rules were counter terrorism-related, as they are in most venues.
      The flask ban was introduced with terrorism as the excuse, but the bottle top was due to people luzzing bottles. That has happened at the Amex less than a handful of times I believe with over 5 million distinct visits. As I said, another over-reaction.

1 Not allowed!
      but the bottle top was due to people luzzing bottles. That has happened at the Amex less than a handful of times I believe with over 5 million distinct visits. As I said, another over-reaction.
      I must admit I haven't seen that stated anywhere officially, but I may have missed it if it was. Strange though, as the two items are usually restricted in most venues for the same reason - the ability to mix chemicals in them and turn them into a bomb.

2 Not allowed!
      I must admit I haven't seen that stated anywhere officially, but I may have missed it if it was. Strange though, as the two items are usually restricted in most venues for the same reason - the ability to mix chemicals in them and turn them into a bomb.
      Someone posted a list of clubs that ban these containers/tops and it was not very many in my recollection. There are loads easier ways to commit mass murder, and in any case the Ariana Grande bombing took place after the concert when people were leaving. That seems effective and no amount of searching/banning items can prevent that.