Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's the name of this ref ???

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I remember a division one ref in the 80's (i think) who had long curly (greyish) hair and he was always smiling and enjoying banter with the players
Anyone know who I'm talking about ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Roger Milford is the one that springs to mind. Refereed the 91 cup final where Gazza should have been sent off .

football-1991-fa-cup-final-wembley-18th-may-tottenham-hotspur-2-v-1-picture-id79023294

Good knowledge.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
what does Kelvin Morton look like - probably not as laid back as Roger...or Anders Frisk?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember reading Norman Burtenshaws biography in the 70’s or early 80’s called ‘Don’t shoot the ref’.

Excellant read. Put Clive Thomas’s book down pretty quickly though because he was a prize p***k.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
With the Albion's luck the next referee will probably be named Les Moore. Les calls against them and Moore calls against us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
But where was Roger Milford from, trivia fans?

He was one of those some of us nerds will remember for their locations, back in the days when they used to print their home town in the programme.

For example:

David Elleray (Harrow).

Kelvin Morton :angry: (Bury St Edmunds)

Martin Bodenham (Looe)

Philip Don (Sheffield)

Graham Poll (Tring)

Allan Gunn (West Sussex)

Ron Challis (Thornton Heath)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember Roger Kirkpatrick at the Goldstone. He blew for a foul against one of our players, called him over and stood toe to toe with the player shouting at him right close in his face and furiously wagging his finger dishing out the bo****ing

Just as the player was about to deck him he took a big step back and a gread big smille spread over his face.

Brilliant referreing, the player was as good as gold for the rest of the game

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I remember Roger Kirkpatrick at the Goldstone. He blew for a foul against one of our players, called him over and stood toe to toe with the player shouting at him right close in his face and furiously wagging his finger dishing out the bo****ing

Just as the player was about to deck him he took a big step back and a gread big smille spread over his face.

Brilliant referreing, the player was as good as gold for the rest of the game

He was certainly a character. I am always reminded of him when I see that old poster of the fisherman “Skegness is bracing”. A short, rotund man who ran with high knees and puffed his cheeks, but always had a smile on his face. A legend - if a referee can qualify as one.

But where was Roger Milford from, trivia fans?

He was one of those some of us nerds will remember for their locations, back in the days when they used to print their home town in the programme.

For example:

David Elleray (Harrow).

Kelvin Morton :angry: (Bury St Edmunds)

Martin Bodenham (Looe)

Philip Don (Sheffield)

Graham Poll (Tring)

Allan Gunn (West Sussex)

Ron Challis (Thornton Heath)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never realised Ron Challis came from Thornton Heath.

Explains a lot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here