Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's the name of this ref ???

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
But where was Roger Milford from, trivia fans?

He was one of those some of us nerds will remember for their locations, back in the days when they used to print their home town in the programme.

For example:

David Elleray (Harrow).

Kelvin Morton :angry: (Bury St Edmunds)

Martin Bodenham (Looe)

Philip Don (Sheffield)

Graham Poll (Tring)

Allan Gunn (West Sussex)

Ron Challis (Thornton Heath)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember Allan Gunn being from Chailey.

According to his Wikipedia entry, he was supposed to retire in the 1990-91 season, but was granted an extension, eventually retiring in 1994 at 51 after a 17 year career on the full list. He passed away in 2004.

I always remember feeling proud that he represented Sussex at the highest level, given that at the time, it seemed we were hopeless at producing any players of note.

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
But where was Roger Milford from, trivia fans?

He was one of those some of us nerds will remember for their locations, back in the days when they used to print their home town in the programme.

For example:

David Elleray (Harrow).

Kelvin Morton :angry: (Bury St Edmunds)

Martin Bodenham (Looe)

Philip Don (Sheffield)

Graham Poll (Tring)

Allan Gunn (West Sussex)

Ron Challis (Thornton Heath)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Milford was from Bristol or Bath.

Ray Lewis was from Great Bookham in Surrey, which always got a chortle. Until he was the referee at Hillsbrough. Then not so much.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Remember Allan Gunn being from Chailey.

According to his Wikipedia entry, he was supposed to retire in the 1990-91 season, but was granted an extension, eventually retiring in 1994 at 51 after a 17 year career on the full list. He passed away in 2004.

I always remember feeling proud that he represented Sussex at the highest level, given that at the time, it seemed we were hopeless at producing any players of note.

I think there was another one originally from Sussex- Martin Bodenham maybe?- but he moved away so was listed as residing elsewhere.

Who was the Welsh referee? Was that Milford?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I remember Roger Kirkpatrick at the Goldstone. He blew for a foul against one of our players, called him over and stood toe to toe with the player shouting at him right close in his face and furiously wagging his finger dishing out the bo****ing

Just as the player was about to deck him he took a big step back and a gread big smille spread over his face.

Brilliant referreing, the player was as good as gold for the rest of the game

Roger Kirkpatrick could be more entertaining than the match.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I think there was another one originally from Sussex- Martin Bodenham maybe?- but he moved away so was listed as residing elsewhere.

Who was the Welsh referee? Was that Milford?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Martin Bodenham was born in Brighton, but lived in Looe, Cornwall during his refereeing days.

When he retired from refereeing, he became an ECB Umpire. He now lives in Ferring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here