Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Top Gear - Oh Dear!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Pretty rubbish if you ask me.

Contrast the inherent top drawer content and humour of Grand Tour and I think it fails...dismally...

BBC best spend their money elsewhere....

TNBA

TTF

Well that's a turnaround, because for the last two series TG has been far superior to TGT.

I've watched the first few episodes of the latest series of TGT and they've been *fine*, but not particularly compelling (except the piece about Jim Clark, which was very good).

Jul 7, 2003
Both are far too scripted and predictable these days.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Utter Shyte, but I watched because they raced up a mountain.

I, and a few school friends cycled for ten days round Norway in '86 ( I had my 15th birthday there) and we cycled from Andalsnes up and over Trollstigen en route one day. Stunning, even on tv

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I quite liked it and think the connection and humour between Leblanc and Harris is good.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Regardless of who presents TG just feels like its had its day, tired format

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Regardless of who presents TG just feels like its had its day, tired format

Agree, I felt like TG missed a trick when Clarkson et al left. Perfect opportunity to try a new format and a few new ideas, instead they just rehashed the old concept.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I stopped watching Top Gear years ago. FAR too scripted for my liking.

A race between public transport and a car to somewhere in Europe from the UK, and someone arrives to the destination 3 seconds before the others? Please.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I stopped watching TG a few episodes in with Chris Evans and Joey from Friends were hosting, very dull.

TGT has been hit and miss, imo. Some great episodes (mainly the 'specials'), and some bland ones.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Both are right off my radar, never watched the Tour thing and Top Gear was always turned over in my house.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here