Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75
  1. #31
    VERY part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,376


    3 Not allowed!
    Booked family holiday to Florida flying out the day before. Remember knowing it was the FA Cup Final but said “it will never happen”

    Have since put on decent sized bets on us reaching the final to cover the cost of rescheduling the flight out of that happens! Have waited 36 years to go back and I’m not missing it for anything if it happens this year.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32

      0 Not allowed!
      I messed up by booking a holiday and not checking the football calender, so now missing the city game. The only saving grace is that if I had booked the following week, I would miss the potential final.
    • #33
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...
      Posts
      7,601


      2 Not allowed!
      Some people are way too optimistic here. Makes a nice change from the league performances and position though.
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
    • #34
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Reading
      Posts
      2,493


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Madafwo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I got married on the 28th May 2016, which would have been the play off final date had we beaten MASSIVE, luckily we didn't as I don't think the missus would have forgiven me not being at my own wedding.
      Same. Wedding coincided with play off final in 2014. Luckily we got battered in the semis so it wasn’t a problem.
      Given how many Albion fans are in both families, it’s possible no-one would have turned up at the church
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV
    • #35
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      21,362


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just happens to be one of my nieces wedding day.......I have told them I cant say yes or no until at least after March 16th....Today stressy mother of the bride phones and says..' You need to say yes or no this week or your seats will be given to someone else' ( sounds like Paul B)

      Tried explaining but to no avail.......

      I did tell the groom to be 6 months ago it was FA Cup final day and if BHA are at Wembley I would not be able to go to the wedding......he was gutted ( not because I cant go) but he had booked a wedding on cup final day......Bride has also said ' there will be no TV's at the wedding' wedding KO is 4pm!!!!

      As Simon Cowell says ' its a No from me.


      Anyone else have the possibility of a double booking? if so whats your outcome?
      May 18th you say Andy.
      Well just checked my shift roster (yes @LamieRobertson) I do have some time off, before you indulge in a bit of light banter.
      OMG I'm actually off, so I'll see you fellow Albionites at Wembley.
      I'll be the one that looks like Gollom
    • #36
      Members Albion my Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Darlington, UK
      Posts
      7,954


      0 Not allowed!
      We'll all be in a huge economic downturn due to Brexit by then. Who really cares about an FA Cup Final when you don't have enough quid for petrol.
      Quote Originally Posted by ac gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      common sense is not actually that common these days
    • #37
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      828


      0 Not allowed!
      My issue is that with both my sons at University, I reduced our 3 season tickets to 2, with the lads sharing one between them. I am dreading that we get a date at Wembley (A proud Q/F exit at PL opposition would be ideal) - I just don't know what I'll do as the chances of a third ticket to become available will be highly unlikley......unless the OP gets bullied into attending the wedding!!!!!!!!
    • #38
      Members Wozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      In your face
      Posts
      17,717


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Eric Youngs Contact Lense View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I am dreading that we get a date at Wembley (A proud Q/F exit at PL opposition would be ideal)
      Behave!
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.
    • #39

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Booked family holiday to Florida flying out the day before. Remember knowing it was the FA Cup Final but said “it will never happen”

      Have since put on decent sized bets on us reaching the final to cover the cost of rescheduling the flight out of that happens! Have waited 36 years to go back and I’m not missing it for anything if it happens this year.
      Good man and I like your style regarding the "holiday insurance". What prices are you on at?
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.
    • #40
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      828


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Behave!
      Of course - it was meant to be a little tongue in cheek.. but a dilemma I dread nontheless!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •