Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA cup final Day May 18th 2019

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just happens to be one of my nieces wedding day.......I have told them I cant say yes or no until at least after March 16th....Today stressy mother of the bride phones and says..' You need to say yes or no this week or your seats will be given to someone else' ( sounds like Paul B)

Tried explaining but to no avail.......

I did tell the groom to be 6 months ago it was FA Cup final day and if BHA are at Wembley I would not be able to go to the wedding......he was gutted ( not because I cant go) but he had booked a wedding on cup final day......Bride has also said ' there will be no TV's at the wedding' wedding KO is 4pm!!!!

As Simon Cowell says ' its a No from me.

Anyone else have the possibility of a double booking? if so whats your outcome?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I got married on the 28th May 2016, which would have been the play off final date had we beaten MASSIVE, luckily we didn't as I don't think the missus would have forgiven me not being at my own wedding.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No double bookings, but it's my birthday.

Suffice to say, I've been playing over an increasing number of scenarios in my mind since we beat Bournemouth.

Long way to go before then though, especially if we get Man United away...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just say yes and **** it off if we make the final. Regardless of when you say no it’s going to go down badly, so say yes and deal with it, if and when we’re through.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’m flying off on holiday on 17th. [emoji849]

That is bad planning perhaps I say that as I always consult the calendar and fixture list before booking a holiday but the one day to another is no different for us. We are flying out on Sunday after Newcastle and returning in the early hours of Man City at home, no hold ups hopefully.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That is bad planning perhaps I say that as I always consult the calendar and fixture list before booking a holiday but the one day to another is no different for us. We are flying out on Sunday after Newcastle and returning in the early hours of Man City at home, no hold ups hopefully.

So are you flying out on 28th April or 5th May?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out on 28th April back on 11th May the only game between the two is Arsenal away which I wouldnt go to anyway and I know a bar where we are staying that shows every Premier game so will watch it there. The same applies if the Chelsea game is fitted in that week.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If my niece or nephew was married on that day I would go to the wedding. End of.

I can watch the match later.

When football comes before your family it's time to stop going.

Just happens to be one of my nieces wedding day.......I have told them I cant say yes or no until at least after March 16th....Today stressy mother of the bride phones and says..' You need to say yes or no this week or your seats will be given to someone else' ( sounds like Paul B)

I did tell the groom to be 6 months ago it was FA Cup final day and if BHA are at Wembley I would not be able to go to the wedding......he was gutted ( not because I cant go) but he had booked a wedding on cup final day......Bride has also said ' there will be no TV's at the wedding' wedding KO is 4pm!!!!

I booked a crazy trip I’ve wanted to do for years. I leave on Thursday 16th May. It never occured to me that the cup final would be so late. As fate would have it also, I will miss the semi if it’s on the Sunday (or pos spurs at their new stadium).

First time I’ve ever booked a trip over cup final weekend before we’ve gone out. Don’t know what to wish for.

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
Heading off to New York for Tyson Fury vs Wilder II, which is set to be the same day as the final. With most things booked already, I would never forgive myself! :eek:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'll be running the Trail Menorca Costa Sud 85k on that day.
http://www.trailmenorca.com/index.php?ecshow=26121

I assume it's a 5pm kick off ?

Event starts at 6.30am, I'm expecting to take about 12 hours to finish, so with the time difference I might catch the second half if I'm able to walk to a bar.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Sorry, this is not a conundrum worth a thread. At the moment, the wedding is much, much more likely than a Wembley appearance. Accept for the wedding, then deal with it if Albion get there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here