Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brother of Syria war pair stabbed to death in Brighton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I get into enough trouble being a postmodern ironic version of myself, I don't think my alter-ego could handle being an alter-ego of another alter-ego.

:lolol:

Meanwhile you can add me to the list of those massively not giving a shit that another one of these oxygen thieves has gone. Utterly horrible family. Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
His brothers were prime candidates for radicalisation given the family history of their uncle Omar being held in Guantanamo Bay for five years without charge and the inevitable attention and negative publicity and reaction it attracted to the family. All that was going on throughout their childhood. Their radicalisation was almost predictable. If all of that had happened today I think there would have been added safeguards set in place to monitor the children's development more carefully, but at the time, over ten years ago, the radicalisation of British teenagers and their leaving the UK to join an extremist group to fight wasn't really an issue. It's a relatively new phenomenon which has only really emerged in the last ten years.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Disgusting family. Besides the terrorist scum, I know of an 'alleged' despicable crime that was committed against a child in my neck of the woods. A gang of youths including members of this family were questioned, but it couldn't be proven as to who did what, so nothing could be done. Good riddance.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He didn't go to fight in Syria. He was convicted for selling drugs which, knowing that many will have taken drugs at some stage, needs no hypocritical judgement.

So, basically it's a murder in Brighton.

I wonder if it would have been a subject if he hadn't been, yer know.... Anyway. RIP

Drug dealers ruin lives, one less to worry about.

Truth will come out why he was killed.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Surely the state will now insist the family 'downsize' their paid for accommodation. Preferably a caravan in Croydon.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Now the father has been arrested again, what a truly horrible family.

Abu Bakr Deghayes, 53, of Arundel Drive East, Saltdean, has been charged on suspicion of encouraging the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

The arrest yesterday followed an investigation by counter-terror officers and Sussex Police relating to Islamist terrorism.

He remains in police custody at this time and is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates today.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19441303.abu-bakr-deghayes-charged-terrorism-act-brighton/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bloody hell, imagine being their parents? That’s 3 out of four sons dead. Tom Hanks will be getting a call at this rate

Yeah his father is salt of the earth, beat his wife, broke into places of worship now arrested under the prevention of terror act, and to think he arrived in this country hoping to make a better life for himself…..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now the father has been arrested again, what a truly horrible family.

Abu Bakr Deghayes, 53, of Arundel Drive East, Saltdean, has been charged on suspicion of encouraging the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

The arrest yesterday followed an investigation by counter-terror officers and Sussex Police relating to Islamist terrorism.

He remains in police custody at this time and is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates today.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19441303.abu-bakr-deghayes-charged-terrorism-act-brighton/

Does the wife run "Strive In the Way of Allah" Charity shop on Lewes road ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What happened to the "Save Omar" campaign run by the Argus?[emoji848]

It was the ‘free Omar’ campaign backed by all the Sussex MPs. It was successful as he was released from Guantanamo bay and he is a free man (albeit with an ever declining number of nephews and brothers due to radicalisation and/or criminality).

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
About a decade or more ago there was a community meeting in Saltdean about the 'hate campaign' that had been apparently launched against this family.

Needless to say the constant aggravation they were causing was left out of the discussion - it was the nasty racist locals (possibly the most liberally minded place in the world bar Hanover in Brighton) that were the problem, not them...

Either way it has come full circle now. Pretty clear who the bad guys are in this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here