Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm confused about suspensions

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I am sure it is simple really, but; Bissouma is suspended for the next Cup match because he received two yellow cards in Cup matches. Presumably therefore Cup bookings apply to Cup matches and League bookings apply to League matches. So, could Andone have played in the Cup match and missing the Cup match does not count as one of his three suspension games?

I realise I must be wrong but would like to know how this actually works.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

I'm confused about suspensions

Types-of-suspension-system.png Me too! :shrug:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From the FA website

“For the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase, the accumulation of yellow cards will be Competition specific. This will operate similar to the Champions League and Europa League, where a player accumulates 2 yellow cards in the competition will miss the next game in that competition. The caution count will only apply up to and including the Quarter Finals for each competition. Cautions received in these competitions will therefore not count in the caution tally for the 5/10/15 sanction process.

“It should be noted this regulation is for cautions only and dismissals remain unaffected.”

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Whatever the rules, it was a stupid booking for Bissouma.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Why have the FA brought these rules in this season? It seems ridiculous that booming count towards suspensions in the FA Cup but red cards mean you’re banned for all competitions. Sums up the useless muppets running the game in this country.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Here's a thought - retrospective action for a ref missing something = Andone gets a red / 3-match ban.

Can we start the next match with a pen which was very obviously missed vs Burnley - all we ask for is consistency ...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Why have the FA brought these rules in this season? It seems ridiculous that booming count towards suspensions in the FA Cup but red cards mean you’re banned for all competitions. Sums up the useless muppets running the game in this country.

I suppose it would be a bit harsh if, say, Bissouma had got a straight red, that he would have to miss quarter / semi / final.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
003314038.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here