Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women vs Birmingham City - Wednesday 20th Feb 7.45pm @ Crawley

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Brighton Women host Birmingham City this Wednesday at the The Peoples Pension Stadium (i.e. Crawley) at 7.45pm in their second to last home game for the current Womens Super League season.

With 5 games left to play for Brighton, we are 9th in the table with 9 points as this season has been a very steep learning curve for the team as its their first time in the top league. Birmingham currently lie 4th in the league with 28 points so this will be another tough game for Brighton, but I'm sure the team will give their all as they usually do and their 2019 form has seen them keep 3 clean sheets out of 4 games which is a positive step.

Tickets are available from Seagulls Tickets in advance (until 3pm Monday) for just £7 for adults (goes up to £10 when bought at the gate).

There is free parking at and near the ground, and there is also free travel provided by Seagulls Travel from various pickup points.

UTA! :albion2: :bhasign:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just a quick update - advance ticket sales have been extended until 5pm tomorrow.

UTA

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We are due another one!

Last win was away at Liverpool on the 6th January and our record in all competitions with 5 wins, 4 draws and 13 losses.

In the league its 2 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses - going to be tight as to whether its Brighton, Everton or Yeovil who finish bottom this season...

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Go on Albion!

I'd have gone if I wasn't at home recovering from ACL surgery.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Go on Albion!

I'd have gone if I wasn't at home recovering from ACL surgery.

Best wishes! The buggers wouldn't fix mine - too old. But it seems to be mending itself....FFS. :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a result! Well done ladies!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Excellent result.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Best wishes! The buggers wouldn't fix mine - too old. But it seems to be mending itself....FFS. :lolol:

Thanks HW.

It's life eh. Hoping to be back playing football in 2020. It does mean my 50th year will be spent without playing - which is very frustrating.

Hope yours doesn't hold you back too much.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
2-1 win. Great result.

Reckon they are safe now.

Need to recruit for a bigger season next year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks HW.

It's life eh. Hoping to be back playing football in 2020. It does mean my 50th year will be spent without playing - which is very frustrating.

Hope yours doesn't hold you back too much.

Cheers mon vieux. Actually I am thinking of going skiing next month. The arthroscopy and clean up seems to have made a difference. :rave:punk::thumbsup:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just back from the match - best performance of the season by Brighton and a very entertaining end-to-end game with Birmingham shading the second half as we tired. Brighton deserved the win especially having come back straight away from going a goal down (scored by Ellen White for Birmingham) with a header by Kayleigh Green. Second half we took the lead, again a headed goal, scored by Ellie Brazil.

Hard to pick a player of the match as it was such a good team performance, but if pushed I'd probably say Kayleigh Green.

The result coupled with Yeovil who are bottom of the league losing this evening, means that we are now 9 points above them, though we have played 2 games extra. Play like that in our remaining fixtures and we'll be fine.

UTA!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here