Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Armed police at the Amex

Or, to be more precise, at Falmer station.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this (apologies if they did and I missed it)

There was a couple of them at the top of the ramp as I got off the train. No doubt in case anyone was smuggling flasks or bottle tops.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My son was mightily impressed. Don’t see that in Eastbourne.

T'is a new attraction.

When my kids overheard them being discussed they wanted to go down and see them. :lol:

el punal

I must admit I was surprised at the higher than normal number of police at Brighton station as well. I wonder if it was a dry run exercise for :

1. Us getting to the Cup Final.

2. Us “entertaining” Millwall in the next round of the Cup.

On a side note regarding arrangements at Brighton station. Is it possible that station staff there could be anymore incompetent? I was on a rammed train from Portsmouth yesterday that arrived at Brighton at 11.23. on platform 2. As hundreds of passengers were leaving the train to go to the exit barriers some bright spark decided to allow entry for all passengers wanting to depart on the same train. Result - sheer chaos around the barriers and the platform. Common sense wouldn’t go amiss - oh, wait a minute . .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
PB called in a favour to go to the next stage of his zero tolerance policy given banning orders don't seem to be working.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I reckon there’s something going on at the moment. Flew back from Amsterdam this week and we sat on the place after boarding on time for 1h15min due to air traffic controller sickness in London. Except colleagues on flights to Luton, Heathrow & Stansted all left on time.

Also arrived at Gatwick and we were the only flight with a big delay

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is it possible that station staff there could be anymore incompetent? I was on a rammed train from Portsmouth yesterday that arrived at Brighton at 11.23. on platform 2. As hundreds of passengers were leaving the train to go to the exit barriers some bright spark decided to allow entry for all passengers wanting to depart on the same train. Result - sheer chaos around the barriers and the platform.

So pretty much the same as every single rush hour commute then!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes they walked past the queue at the north stand entrance next to the east stand....pushing through the crowd looked a bit alarming. A few police followed them in a state of anxiety which was a bit alarming...nattering away on their radios and looking concerned.

A couple of people wondered what that was all about.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yes they walked past the queue at the north stand entrance next to the east stand....pushing through the crowd looked a bit alarming. A few police followed them in a state of anxiety which was a bit alarming...nattering away on their radios and looking concerned.

Tea was ready .

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

A Brazilian electrician had been spotted picking up a metro on his way to work.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Were they Sussex Police or BTP? I ask because here in Devon there have been random patrols at train stations to "reassure" the public. Might have been a similar thing, or more intelligence-led.

Source.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here