Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Amsterdam mid week break

Jul 7, 2003
If you want some modern food of high quality than I can recommend https://choux.nl/ which is only a couple of minutes walk from Central Station

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Thanks for all the recommendations so far, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Rrijksmuseum. You could sped a few days there. There is an Rembrandt exhibition on - you will need tickets. But just go, get up close to his self-portraits and you will be in the presence of genius. You can do this at the National Gallery to be fair.

But just a great city. Walk around and go where takes your fancy.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Accommodation, if you're just sleeping there then ha e a look at their XO Hotels, they're the equivalent of a Premier Inn and really comfortable

We ate at Grand Café 1884, which was superb and the staff great fun. The second night we went on a night time canal trip with Those Dam Boat Guys, which was a great couple of hours. Chilled and lots of fun, the boat takes maybe 10 people at most, so much more intimate. After that we went to Black and Blue, again a superb steak restaurant.

Melly's Cookie Bar, by The Nieuwe Kirke was a nice stop off for hot chocolate and home made cake.

Deffo do Anne Frank's House, its very well laid out and even those there's shedloads walking round it it does feel cramped or crowded. You can book using their website on your phone, really easy to do and just show the pdfs on your phone to gain entry.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
3 pages and no mention of weed. Times are a changing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you want some modern food of high quality than I can recommend https://choux.nl/ which is only a couple of minutes walk from Central Station

Invariably ended up eating damn tasty Indonesian. Couldn't really identify any genuine Dutch cuisine beyond tasty beer snacks like bitterballen or frites and mayo/mustard. Got the distinct feeling that there isn't really much in the way of genuine Dutch cuisine beyond beer snacks and waffles :moo:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Invariably ended up eating damn tasty Indonesian. Couldn't really identify any genuine Dutch cuisine beyond tasty beer snacks like bitterballen or frites and mayo/mustard. Got the distinct feeling that there isn't really much in the way of genuine Dutch cuisine beyond beer snacks and waffles :moo:

I can't ever go to Amsterdam (or anywhere else in Holland for that matter) without having a FEBO frikandel speciaal

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Snert. :thumbsup:

You have not been charged for this information.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I can't ever go to Amsterdam (or anywhere else in Holland for that matter) without having a FEBO frikandel speciaal

I always go to Amsterdam (or anywhere else in the Netherlands for that matter) without having a FEBO frikandel speciaal.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Haven’t been for a few years but Hotel Okura was very good value - out of town but easy to get into the centre on a tram. And Mike’s Bikes took led an enjoyable trip around town. A great way to see the place.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Also going there next month for my birthday, however more likely to have a 'bong n a waffle' than ride a tram or visit museums. The Mrs did mention doing some mushrooms / taking in a sex show as her choice of activities - so it could get interesting...any advice on that sort of break?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Also going there next month for my birthday, however more likely to have a 'bong n a waffle' than ride a tram or visit museums. The Mrs did mention doing some mushrooms / taking in a sex show as her choice of activities - so it could get interesting...any advice on that sort of break?

As previously mentioned, the sex shows are far too staged to be erotic/sexy. It's about £60 each for about six performances - and it's like going to the cinema but with the lights on so no chance of extra activity bewteen you and the Mrs. You'd be better off spending it on one of the girls in the windows for a threesome :wink: Cocaine is easy to get in the red light district ... just speak to each other as you walk down the street and someone will approach you once they realise you're British. Plenty of shops with mushrooms as well but we didn't try them. Just remember everything is cash only in the RL district .... even bars .... better to take it with you than use a cash machine in the area :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here