Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Flybmi go bust.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Flew with British Midland years ago and were fine,but then i thought B/A bought them ? So Flybmi where have they come from ? Hope no one here is affected ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47267901

Flybmi were BMI regional (a wholly owned subsidiary of BMI Int Holdings) which were excluded from the IAG/BA purchase of BMI back in 2012. They were independently run.

Think based on Albion player instagram pics etc they were the airline of choice for our specially chartered jaunts to and from northern grief hole matches.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Waiting for shareholders decision.
It's not just virgin it's a consortium, I think they see it as a way to get passengers out of the smaller airports to the big airports and on to virgin planes.

Looking at the routes I don’t think that many go into Gatwick/LHR

I think it will be mainly used from Ireland - Manchester and Glasgow for Vegas and Orlando routes.

I imagine the flights to Europe will be stopped.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
No doubt a certain Irishman will have a smile on his face,and is it Norwegian Air are looking for a bail out ? As to the A380 never flown in one,but we have flown Manchester-Doha-Auckland and the Doha to Auckland as some of you will know is little short of 18 hours over water and at night on two engines it,s only 9,000 miles ! Incredible.

Jul 7, 2003
Looking at the routes I don’t think that many go into Gatwick/LHR

I think it will be mainly used from Ireland - Manchester and Glasgow for Vegas and Orlando routes.

I imagine the flights to Europe will be stopped.

They did have a few slots at both Heathrow and Gatwick but not sure if they sold them on or have just rented them out. easyJet took over a few of the of Flybe routes and then switched them to over to European routes.

Getting traffic into Gatwick for their holiday routes would be great - especially if they reinstate Gatwick to Newcastle which is a big miss for me both for business and social.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here