[Albion] *** Player Ratings vs Derby ***

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Button 6 a couple errors he was lucky to get away with
Bruno 7 apart from one awful ball to Burn very steady game
Bernardo 7 steady game one outstanding sliding tackle
Duffy 8 that header gave me a headache thinking about it
Burn 6 either did not hear Buttons call or no call was made on two occasions apart from that he looks a good buy delt with one shocking ball from Bruno very well
Knockaert 8 great goal maybe a bit greedy on another occasion
Stephens 7 bossed midfield
Bissouma 8 at times looked the best player on the pitch
Kayal 6 steady
AJ 6 steady
Locadia 7 looked better in the middle than I n the wing I am sure he's best position will be number 10, ankle looked painful

Gyokores 6 two good chances missed
Gross 5 not on long but claimed a penalty when it looked like he just tripped over his own feet

Great achievement there's an awful lot of teams who wish they were in our position in the cup, now let's use this as a springboard to winning the next three crutial league games

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gross held the ball and made it more difficult for them to gain control through Marriott.
Gyokeres had more opportunity to score and show his worth as he has had in previous games but fluffed the chance hence the question will he make it.

Bad ball by AJ though forced him wider than he would have liked, the angle favoured the goalie IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
with 6 as average,

Button 5 Looked very shaky distribution poor.
Bruno 6 Showed age is catching up with him and had to rely on experience.
Duffy 7 Very solid
Burn 7 as Duffy
Bernardo 7 looked comfortable at all times until they brough on No 11 buit evn then he contained him.
Knockaert 8 MOM his best performance for ages.
Stephens 7 He was Stephens as we know him
Bissouma 6 Some good moves but very frustrating
Kayal 6 Much like Bissouma but not quite as good.
Jahanbakhsh 6 Showed good signs but let down by final ball generally.
Locadia 7 Had a good game and a constant threat to them.

Subs
Gross 6 Did what was expected of him
Gyokeres 5 Will he make it? I am not sure.

I’m away, so didn’t get to see the match. What did Bissouma do well, and what were the failings in his game today?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
with 6 as average,

Button 5 Looked very shaky distribution poor.
Bruno 6 Showed age is catching up with him and had to rely on experience.
Duffy 7 Very solid
Burn 7 as Duffy
Bernardo 7 looked comfortable at all times until they brough on No 11 buit evn then he contained him.
Knockaert 8 MOM his best performance for ages.
Stephens 7 He was Stephens as we know him
Bissouma 6 Some good moves but very frustrating
Kayal 6 Much like Bissouma but not quite as good.
Jahanbakhsh 6 Showed good signs but let down by final ball generally.
Locadia 7 Had a good game and a constant threat to them.

Subs
Gross 6 Did what was expected of him
Gyokeres 5 Will he make it? I am not sure.

You’ve just rated our best player (Bissouma) and worst (Ali J) with the same mark. They were poles apart in terms of what they delivered today.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m away, so didn’t get to see the match. What did Bissouma do well, and what were the failings in his game today?

Normal stuff for him. Looked to go forward every time he got the ball. Made things happen because he was brave in possession and prepared to take the risk to not always do the percentage pass. Some of those risks didn't work and so we lost the ball.

Yves strengths and weaknesses are two sides of the same coin

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I’m glad most people concur that Locadia had a good game. I’ve really rated him lately, but the constant wittering negativity from the people say behind me sapped my belief somewhat. Just hope his injury’s not too bad.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Button - 4 - timid. Didn't command his box
Bruno - 6 - some exceptional skill in the first half. A few lapses of concentration. Delivery could have been better.
Bernardo - 6- deserved a goal. Good on the ball today
Burn - 6 - Let himself down a bit with a wrong foot "clearance" for the goal. Other than that, terrific
Duffy - 8 - Sir, you are a formidable defender. Loved his forward run, though we went to prove he's approx 30% slower than Tomori
Stephens - 6 - Good on the ball, made thing sticks as he usually does. I just think, if he could have a better understanding of when a break is on or when we need to raise the tempo and play with pace he would have England caps by now.
Kayal - 5 - A harsh 5 considering we dominated the midfield for much of the game. Just felt he was loose in possession just a bit too often
Bissouma - 7 - a mixed bag, but it's just wonderful to see a player with such attacking instincts. With him, we'll just have to accept he'll have mixed games and bad performances. The positives will outweigh the negatives. Which leads me nicely onto ....
Knockheart - 8 - mom. How he isn't starting in the league I don't know. Yes, he will have a shocker, yes he is liable to strop. But if nothing else, he provides a goal threat
Jahan - 5 - Get the impression that full backs like seeing his name on the teamsheet. Still hasn't contributed for us. Not to say he won't as there's clearly something there. When all are fit, surely 4th choice winger at present
Locadia - 5 - I wasn't as enamoured as most. His hold up play was very good I grant you, and his anticipation for the goal was impressive as well. I just think that lack of pace is going to cost him in that position. He doesn't have Murrays cuteness to make up for it. He did have Murray's infuriating predilection for some infuriatingly lazy offsides when we were trying to relieve the pressure.

Gyokeres - 5 - Finding the step up a challenge. His next step will be to be more clinical. He's had good chances for first team goals

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Solid crew - Bruno Burn Duffy Bernardo Knockaert Bissouma (middle of the park) Locadia
A bit disappointed - Button Stephens Bissouma (final third) Kayal
Very disappointed - Jahanbakhsh

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I thought Button didn't have much to do but that moment when he fumbled it and then clawed it away! :eek:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Gross held the ball and made it more difficult for them to gain control through Marriott.
Gyokeres had more opportunity to score and show his worth as he has had in previous games but fluffed the chance hence the question will he make it.

Thanks. I disagree. But thanks

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sorry he didnt create either. The first came from a pass from Bruno to Locadia out wide and a cross into Knockaert and the 2nd a shot by Bissouma that hit the post and was down to Locadias positioning and awareness in front of goal.

It was Bissouma who crossed for Knockaert. Locadia was stood in front of Knocky and had to get out of the way to stop the ball hitting him. You can see Locadia on the edge of the image below taken from the BBC highlights of the first goal.

Screenshot_20190216_204356_com.android.chrome.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here