Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Radio Two really is rubbish

Over the weekend I was having a bit of a scroll through the DAB stations and discovered Union Jack Radio. No DJ's , no ads. All music played is by British artists. A wide spectrum and also a few new ones chucked in. Had it on all day yesterday whilst decorating. Just the job.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not sure who is in charge at Radio Two but in the space of six months they've basically ruined the place.
Like him or not Evans' show was hugely popular, replaced by Zoe Ball who is awful and can't stop talking over the guests.
Taken Simon Mayo's hugely popular show and screwed the format by adding Jo Wylie (not her fault) to the point that Mayo quits altogether.
Replaced Mayo with Sara Cox who appears to be doing her same show from ten years ago.
Mess with the evening schedule so that shows like Bob Harris now start later and I for one no longer listen to them.
Be interesting to see what the listening figures are like, but I'd hazard a guess that they don't make for good reading.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Not sure who is in charge at Radio Two but in the space of six months they've basically ruined the place.

This made me think about what I actually listen to on R2 now. I used to have Chris Evans on in the morning as I do like him. And always had Simon Mayo on in the evening driving home.

Now, all I hear of R2 is the Popmaster podcast which me and my mate at work play in the afternoon. Love listening to our Ken but can't do so at work. Well I could but need to concentrate, I can't muti-task.

Real shame what they've done with Radio 2.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Over the weekend I was having a bit of a scroll through the DAB stations and discovered Union Jack Radio. No DJ's , no ads. All music played is by British artists. A wide spectrum and also a few new ones chucked in. Had it on all day yesterday whilst decorating. Just the job.

UKIP Radio? Sounds great....

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
All I listen to is Popmaster now. I may listen to Jeremy Vine, but only for half an hour maximum as I start to get irritated with the halfwits he wheels out to talk complete irrelevance on the subject in hand.

When I was younger, I listened to Radio 1. As I got a little older I gravitated to Radio 2. There I thought I'd settle for life - but sadly they've steadily ruined it to the point I only listen to Radio 4 from 6am to around 8am (then the same news headlines repeated six times gets on my tits..) and I then start with the podcasts!

I'm not sure if it's me, or 'the times we live in' - but any whiff of controversy, opinion, or sarcasm which makes me laugh or piques my interest is gone from the BBC Radio. Every DJ is just a whitewashed version of the other.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Spotify and podcasts.

Considering your radio requirement is a voice you like and music you like, why not pick your own voices and music?

Come on GRANDAD

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Radio Two really is rubbish
Yep, they've ****ed it up. As well as that magnificent talent Rylan, they have Will Young (tw@) and his essential R&B. **** me.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I need a radio station that plays, soul, Motown, jazz funk, modern Jazz, reggae, lovers rock and ska, both oldies and up to date, then I'll be happy.
I like listening to Trevor Nelson and Craig Charles (R2) and David Rodigan.
Just not enough of this type of music on daytime radio, it's not as if it's Punk or Heavy Metal.

www.jfsr.co.uk

They are re-vamping the website at the moment so it's a bit clunky but you can listen through other channels.

Brilliant

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Used to quite like Chris Evans on Radio 2, but have refused to try the new show on Virgin purely on the basis of that awful TV ad with his son it in. Nepotism of the worst kind, can't stand celebrities kids all over the place.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I don't mind Zoe Ball but the guy that does the travel Ritchie? is doing my head in, always trying to build his part up, just read the travel you muppett.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I always think of Wnkr Steve Wright in the same breath as Jonathan King (without the crimes).

An boring obsession with middle of the road white US bilge from the 70’s and 80’s, Adrian Gurvitz, REO Speedwagon and Christopher Cross. Whilst unable to see the brilliance of music from his own country - Joy Division, The Jam, The Stranglers, New Order, The Smiths, The Cure, The Bunnymen.

A bore.

And yet, his favourite ever song is Do anything you wanna do, Eddie and the Hot Rods

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't mind Zoe Ball but the guy that does the travel Ritchie? is doing my head in, always trying to build his part up, just read the travel you muppett.

Agree. That traffic guy is the worst ever. Where do they find these numpties?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here