Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Radio Two really is rubbish

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Haven’t you been banned in the past for racism?

Yeah, exactly. Thanks for proving my point. :lolol:

If you really believe that what I said was in any way racist I would appreciate an explanation. You really are a snowflake.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If you really believe that what I said was in any way racist I would appreciate an explanation. You really are a snowflake.

You posted lies that have the specific intention of stirring up hate against Muslims. How isn’t that racist?

Getting upset for being called out, and I’m the snowflake? :lolol:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Best thing Radio 2 could do is put Steve Wright out to pasture and get Craig Charles in full time. Afternoons are much better when he's covering for Wright..

Good Lord... I couldn't agree less! Steve Wright may be the most insincere, wholly disinterested, self admiring smug sounding ******** on Radio 2 - but at least he's just about listenable. Craig Charles is like the man who announces bloody flight delays at the airport...

The only person who 'covers' who is any good is Vanessa Feltz. She's a very well educated and interesting woman who doesn't really get much recognition in my opinion. The one 'guest' presenter on there in the past who really impressed me was Ed Miliband.

I used to really like Radio 2, but now I find myself tuning in at 10.30 for Pop Master then channel hopping after that. Then Jeremy Vine until I get bored of him (about 20 minutes), then Wrighty (about 30 minutes), then I bin it off when Coxy comes on. The whole 'I just want to hug everyone via the radio' vibe gets a bit sickly.

Someone earlier said 'Gaydio' - and yes! It's brilliant for music. Not being gay I zone out on the news which focuses on gay issues a fair bit, but the presenters are brilliant and the channel has a very upbeat and positive feel. When I'm in the office I stream 'www.audiogrooves.net'. If you want something at a good tempo on in the background to work to, where you don't really have to concentrate on it, this is absolutely the channel to listen to.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You posted lies that have the specific intention of stirring up hate against Muslims. How isn’t that racist?

I'm referring to THIS thread. You suggested I was racist because I don't like rap music. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and in my mind that puts you squarely in the snowflake category.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good Lord... I couldn't agree less! Steve Wright may be the most insincere, wholly disinterested, self admiring smug sounding ******** on Radio 2 -

He is constantly reading out messages from listeners that start off with "loving the show". OK, maybe they are and maybe they feel the necessity to add that to their message, but does he really need to read that bit out? Stroking his ego.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Show and tell in the morning is incredible, Mrs Crodo absolutely loves it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That Zoe Ball had shelled best part of 1m listeners is little surprise, so cringey, for want of a better word. Ken Bruce is a legend, Jeremy Vine is like Daily Mail radio, may as well listen to Talksport or some other rant inducing crap. Steve Wright is Steve Wright, will never change, you know what you're getting! Really warmed to Sara Cox, funny person.

Special mention for Rylan, born entertainer, just puts a smile on my face.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

I’ll bite, as you were so kind to me the other day. Saying something about Muslims isn’t racist in the slightest, because they are a religion, not a race. Don’t ever read or listen to anything by the late great Christopher Hitchens will you, you’ll probably faint...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'm referring to THIS thread. You suggested I was racist because I don't like rap music. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and in my mind that puts you squarely in the snowflake category.

Sure. As soon as you show me where I’ve accused you of saying something racist in this thread.

Big Hint: I haven’t.

I’ll bite, as you were so kind to me the other day. Saying something about Muslims isn’t racist in the slightest, because they are a religion, not a race. Don’t ever read or listen to anything by the late great Christopher Hitchens will you, you’ll probably faint...

The post in moderating decisions says racism but split hairs if you want.

I’ve read plenty of stuff by Cristopher Hitchens, but thanks for the concern. Trying to label me a snowflake when you’re the one upset by words :)lolol:) on an Internet messageboard :)lolol: x2).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here