Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Radio Two really is rubbish

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There's a presenter called Ryland on right now talking to his mum on the phone. Unbelievable. Who gives a flying feck? And that woman on the morning show is terrible, as is the one on evening drive time. Are they trying to drive ALL their listeners away? Who exactly do they think their target audience is? I thought you tuned to Radio Two for some middle of the road music, not inane drivel from idiotic presenters. And then they have call-ins from Tracey who wants to say hello to her partner John who is painting the bathroom. Again, who really cares? Say hello to him yourself you silly cow. And Sue and Tony who are in the car on the way to Newcastle to see his mum. Do you really think anyone cares where you're going? It really is pathetic. Rant over.

Someone will say "then don't listen to Radio Two". I don't, but occasionally catch a bit of it and can't believe how truly awful it is.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's a presenter called Ryland on right now talking to his mum on the phone. Unbelievable. Who gives a flying feck? And that woman on the morning show is terrible, as is the one on evening drive time. Are they trying to drive ALL their listeners away? Who exactly do they think their target audience is? I thought you tuned to Radio Two for some middle of the road music, not inane drivel from idiotic presenters. And then they have call-ins from Tracey who wants to say hello to her partner John who is painting the bathroom. Again, who really cares? Say hello to him yourself you silly cow. And Sue and Tony who are in the car on the way to Newcastle to see his mum. Do you really think anyone cares where you're going? It really is pathetic. Rant over.

Someone will say "then don't listen to Radio Two". I don't, but occasionally catch a bit of it and can't believe how truly awful it is.

That's the mediocrity that won one of those Simon Cowell karaoke things, right? Your analysis is undoubtedly correct. Tho to be fair, he's almost certainly more 'talented' than Cheryl 'Poundshop' Versace Cole.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I switched back to Chris Evans this week after three weeks of Zoe Ball’s inane drivel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’ll be the talentless teeth that is Rylan Clark, ex X Factor and ‘Celebrity’ Big Brother. And you’re surprised the show is shit ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Unless you're dwelling in tractor land like me this post won't be very helpful for you, but it's Radio Suffolk all day long for me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
6 Music. There's your answer.
Unfortunately on there you have to put up with Radcliffe and Maconnie wittering on about nothing or Mary Anne Hobbs driveling on in a monotone whisper. Always remember, they have to pay to play a song but talk is cheap.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
You've probably fallen out of the demographic it's aimed at. It was traditionally aimed at over 35's, but now it seems to be aimed at 20's-30's... not quite as inane and rubbish as BBC1, but not far off.

Radio 4/4xtra for talk - like others have said Radio 6 for music :thumbsup:

It’s demographic is now women only.
Sarah cox is dreadful

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You do know you don't have to stay listening to Radio 2 don't you?

Ken Bruce is a must though. But Zoe Ball! Had to stop as she is feckin awful.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
10:25, switch over for Pop Master. Once that's over back to my playlists via Alexa or Absolute 80s. Way too much shit on there (R2) aimed at boy band and X Factor lovers. This has been the case for years now.

6 Music can be good or dire.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ball - awful, I've given up
Bruce - still very worth listening to
Vine - like
Wright - useless, unfunny tosser, soooooo past his sell by date
Cox - quite like her

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I need a radio station that plays, soul, Motown, jazz funk, modern Jazz, reggae, lovers rock and ska, both oldies and up to date, then I'll be happy.
I like listening to Trevor Nelson and Craig Charles (R2) and David Rodigan.
Just not enough of this type of music on daytime radio, it's not as if it's Punk or Heavy Metal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here