Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have a great squad....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
...and that’s good but also a wee bit of a problem.

Matt Le Tiss was a bit scathing about our team selection on Sky but the team we put out was hardly a reserve side. IMO Bissouma and Bernardo should be playing every week and Knocky continues to look great when he comes in. We do have an issue up front if Muzza really is injured but having two strikers injured and one banned is a little unlucky.

I also think you could have swapped Ali J and Solly at any point today without any discernible effect on the team.

And that’s why we do well in the cup and struggle in the league.

We have no game to raise, no plan B, no impact player. Just a squad where any one player can easily be interchanged with another.

Great result today and really looking forward to the 6th round. But all the time we have a team ethic and two players for each position I can see our seasons being almost identical. I’m happy with it. Are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Matt Le Tiss was a bit scathing about our team selection on Sky but the team we put out was hardly a reserve side. IMO Bissouma and Bernardo should be playing every week and Knocky continues to look great when he comes in. We do have an issue up front if Muzza really is injured but having two strikers injured and one banned is a little unlucky.

I also think you could have swapped Ali J and Solly at any point today without any discernible effect on the team.

We have no game to raise, no plan B, no impact player. Just a squad where any one player can easily be interchanged with another.

Great result today and really looking forward to the 6th round. But all the time we have a team ethic and two players for each position I can see our seasons being almost identical. I’m happy with it. Are you?

I mostly enjoyed that, especially Bissousma, Knockaert, Bruno and Stephens performances. I must stop myself shouting “stop passing the fecking ball backwards” though :smile:

I thought Locadia had a good game too, we need to stop expecting him to be Murray though. He is not a great target man but he knocked the ball off well when it was to feet and if the players hadn’t reverted to looking backwards before forwards he made some great runs that were completely ignored. Frustrating for him but once again right place right time for the second.

Happy to give AJ more time, he looked good in patches but a little lightweight and weak on the ball on occasions though.

Burn and Duffy had decent games too as did Bernardo and Kayal.

Last edited:

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015

The depth of the squad is now excellent - what's so difficult is raising the squad to the next level!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well we’ll definitely not have Bissouma in the next round, and judging by his departure Locadia will be out for a while too. Both pretty good today.......

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm happy as long as we make the effort to stay in the PL.
If we go down fighting, that's fine for me.
If we go down, quicker than Haha, then I'll be pissed off.
We need to establish ourselves as a PL side, which will take time, and CH is the man to do so IMO.
As for the squad, I'm happy.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well we’ll definitely not have Bissouma in the next round, and judging by his departure Locadia will be out for a while too. Both pretty good today.......

Why won’t we have Bissouma?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Locadia? Pretty good today? All down to opinions I guess. Someone teach him how the offside defensive line works....they move up, you move back and stay onside.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Locadia? Pretty good today? All down to opinions I guess. Someone teach him how the offside defensive line works....they move up, you move back and stay onside.

Murray has about 15 years experience on him and manages to do it just as often though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Not sure I can agree with Bissouma playing every week, seems to get as much wrong as he gets right. Agree with you sentiments though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
2nd FA Cup yellow, so suspended - very stupid given why he got it

Shame, Propper it is next round then, hardly a big problem (as long as he stays free of injury)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why won’t we have Bissouma?

New rules for yellow cards mean they only apply in the competition they are picked up in. Bissouma got his second yellow in this seasons fa cup which is a ban, however I believe yellows are wiped at the QF stage so he should be avaliable.

Edit it may be after the QF that yellows are wiped so he could still be banned. Means that it's impossible for a player to miss the final through yellow cards.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A side with £50m invested in Locadia, Ali J and Izzy needs to take stock. Jury's still out on all 3 for me.

Those are the prices you have to pay at this level. I think you're doing Izquierdo down big time there. He was excellent in the second half of last season, and we've really missed him this time around. Hopefully he'll be back on top form from hereonin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep

Still0828_00022_1535467964206_5977353_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
True, but Murray offers so much more elsewhere. My opinion, I just don't rate Locadia so far.

Fair enough, there is no correct opinion. I think the team is set up to play with Murray as CF, once they adjust to the fact that Locadia is different we may see him at his best.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

Only if we stay up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here