Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Cole

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is he the oldest player to score at the Amex?

Bruno hasn't scored at the Amex since April 2016 when he was a mere 35 years old.

Kevin Phillips would have been around 38 when he scored twice for Blackpool at the Amex in 2011.

Edit - I've checked and my rudimentary maths has Cole being 32 days older than Phillips was when he scored at the Amex. I can't think of anyone older who would have scored.

Prior to today, Emile Heskey was the oldest scorer at the Amex (scored for Bolton on February 13 2016). He was 7 days older than Kevin Phillips was when the Blackpool striker notched his brace.

However, Ashley Cole is 25 days older than Heskey was, so he now takes the accolade.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good cause I believe he took the title of youngest scorer from a certain boggle-eyed gravity whore from up the road.

He did, although 3 players younger than Zaha (although not as young as JFC) have subsequently scored at the Amex: Sean Murray for Watford, Nathan Redmond for Birmingham and Ademola Lookman for Charlton.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
49th Appearance in the F.A. Cup, 7 time winner with Arsenal and Chelsea. FIRST EVER goal in the F.A.Cup! :amex: (The Amex effect?)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Exactly what I thought! Ffs! [emoji849]

This. Nearly phoned 606 to ask they and test of media to get their noses out of top 6 and anyone who’s played for them’s arses But what’s the point? They’ll never change. Leicester still get patronised and they won the bloody thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tin hat on..........................but how were Derby allowed to sign Cole out of the window ?

At the time of the singing he wasn't a professional footballer?

Or not, as the case maybe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here