Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pukki

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would really like to see us try very hard to sign Pukki from Norwich as a replacement for Glenn who cannot go on for ever.
He seems the real deal to me.
Hoping Norwich don't go up to make it easier but I think they will.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Unfortunately he quickly became an essential player for them - he'll cost a fortune as they won't want to lose him. If anyone came in for him, they'd need deep pockets.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He's had a good season but a very average record elsewhere. Could be brilliant but has all the markings of a one season wonder. Didn't stand out in the monkey tennis league when at Celtic, and most probably wouldnt get much success playing in such a defensive team as ours.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I would really like to see us try very hard to sign Pukki from Norwich as a replacement for Glenn who cannot go on for ever.
He seems the real deal to me.
Hoping Norwich don't go up to make it easier but I think they will.

Na you're alright, it sounds to much like Plukki :D

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He's had a good season but a very average record elsewhere. Could be brilliant but has all the markings of a one season wonder. Didn't stand out in the monkey tennis league when at Celtic, and most probably wouldnt get much success playing in such a defensive team as ours.

As I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in Scotch football, I have to admit that I did not know he played for Celtic.
But I have watched his goals for Norwich and taking this season only he is on fire and in the right place at the right time and great in the box.
One season wonder maybe, but it could be better coaching, better players etc etc.
I would take a punt on him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Scores goals. But a Norwich fan told me he doesn’t do a lot else. So who knows? Great knack to have but how many would he get in a tougher league where scoring chances are few and far between and the striker really has to lead the line....

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Scores goals. But a Norwich fan told me he doesn’t do a lot else. So who knows? Great knack to have but how many would he get in a tougher league where scoring chances are few and far between and the striker really has to lead the line....

There have been many players down the years in top flight football that scored many goals and did little else, I think his positioning to score goals seems ok, but in the top flight you also need players good enough to give a finisher the right ball at the right time.
I know it's a huge step up but you can't ignore 23 goals in a difficult league by mid February.
He is on course for 30+

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There have been many players down the years in top flight football that scored many goals and did little else, I think his positioning to score goals seems ok, but in the top flight you also need players good enough to give a finisher the right ball at the right time.
I know it's a huge step up but you can't ignore 23 goals in a difficult league by mid February.
He is on course for 30+

Having seen Farke's comments post-match about how much work he does off the ball, I'll take the Norwich fan's words with a pinch of salt now anyway. Trouble is, Norwich are probably coming up - so chances are he'll get his Premier League chance with them anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here