Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I like Bissouma a lot but lets not get carried away morons, it was a Championship side which we were up against.

Hope we can produce this in the PL???

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
So, what you are saying is... all the others decision making is spot on, but young Biss is still a graduate? I'll say it again, who else takes on shots for us? Apart from no-one. I'll say again, again, no-one had a bad word for his 20+ yarder v Bournemouth. Strange how the North Stand tend to shout shoot when he is anywhere clear in the 20-25 yard zone, but they, like me, are wrong, and you are right.

One screamer....

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Are you basing this on a game v a championship side today? I prefer to call it criticism of a player that quite clearly isn't a good Prem midfielder. Is 'bashing' a derogatory word for criticism?

No, this is based off the 50 odd PL games I've watched Stephens play so far. He's limited of course, but so are all of our players. He performs his role in the team very well for the most part, he performs consistently well and that is why he has been a mainstay in our team for a long time. In short, he's not failing to perform his role, he's not holding us back, and he certainly isn't any kind of a liability. Feel free to criticise, but I believe you and others are barking up the wrong tree when trying to attach high amounts of blame to Stephens when things don't go well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When both are fit, Bissouma and Propper should be our first choice midfield partnership in my opinion.

If he continues to develop as he has done/is doing we may well end up losing Bissouma to a VERY big club, possibly even someone bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.

Dale might have something to say about that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, this is based off the 50 odd PL games I've watched Stephens play so far. He's limited of course, but so are all of our players. He performs his role in the team very well for the most part, he performs consistently well and that is why he has been a mainstay in our team for a long time. In short, he's not failing to perform his role, he's not holding us back, and he certainly isn't any kind of a liability. Feel free to criticise, but I believe you and others are barking up the wrong tree when trying to attach high amounts of blame to Stephens when things don't go well.

We are talking midfield, and Biss (midfielder) and where he fits in the team (midfield), therefore I am talking about where he can fit in for a player that is really under par, not in Stephens position obviously, but part of a three: Kayal - Propper - Biss that I personally believe would make a much better fist of it. I, unlike you, can't defend Stephens inclusion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How many have hit the back row?

You don't get it do you? I've said it so many times my pen ink is running dry. He is the only one that has the balls to have a go from distance. Are you saying we should just try and walk the ball in or lose it in the last third as we do on so many occasions? Is a shot from distance not worthy of our tactics? Far, far, far prefer to see the lad have a go, and it can be trained into him to get better. I can just imagine CH saying to him quietly in the ear - "son, stop shooting, we don't like taking chances".

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You don't get it do you? I've said it so many times my pen ink is running dry. He is the only one that has the balls to have a go from distance. Are you saying we should just try and walk the ball in or lose it in the last third as we do on so many occasions? Is a shot from distance not worthy of our tactics? Far, far, far prefer to see the lad have a go, and it can be trained into him to get better. I can just imagine CH saying to him quietly in the ear - "son, stop shooting, we don't like taking chances".

'Having balls' isn't a requirement needed to score from range. Thats just ridiculous.

We won't get many chances against Prem teams this season, the last thing we want is someone hitting it with hope form 30 yards when there's a dangerous attack we could utilise. I like Bissouma but he really needs to work on possession play and decision making.
at the moment, he goes into tunnel vision with a pinch of panic when he considers shooting. With experience and good coaching, I'm sure he'll learn better when the shot is worth taking, but at the moment, it's definitely a weak point of his.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like Bissouma a lot but lets not get carried away morons, it was a Championship side which we were up against.

Morons? We’re not just basing this on one game against a championship side. Go back again and watch today, the West Brom x 2, Watford x 2, Liverpool, Palace, Bournemouth x 2 and Huddersfield games and watch how good he is and how he is the driving force for us in mainly decent performances and results. Then go and watch how pedestrian, predictable and poor we are in the games without him.

The truth is we are a much better side with him in the team and have picked up more points per game in the league in the matches he’s started than those he hasn’t. Then add in his cup performances. He has to start every game now, it is patently obvious how much better he makes us to the naked eye and statistically.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Concerning Ali J looked very ordinary against a championship side.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'm honestly struggling to understand why people wouldn't want to see this guy in the starting 11 , when he gets the ball the crowd rises to their feet because they know something will generally happen in a attacking sense , he's certainly not the finished article but he has the potential to be a top top player , i want to enjoy the time he is here and see as much of him as possible , watching us play our usual game with him sat on the bench is dumbfounding , as for his shooting , well at least he's actually trying to shoot , his only other options are usually 30 yards behind him , fine performance again today , fit him out with a pair of unbalanced Black Pumas and let him loose .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Excellent first half, ordinary second.

Decision making excellent in the first half, poor in the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I very much agree with the 'slow down a minute' brigade.

In the main he played well today but for me he started in his more usual head down when attacking.
Then got his poop together.
But finished the game being rather self-indulgent again.

He's gonna be the greatest, but let's not run before we can walk.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Morons? We’re not just basing this on one game against a championship side. Go back again and watch today, the West Brom x 2, Watford x 2, Liverpool, Palace, Bournemouth x 2 and Huddersfield games and watch how good he is and how he is the driving force for us in mainly decent performances and results. Then go and watch how pedestrian, predictable and poor we are in the games without him.

The truth is we are a much better side with him in the team and have picked up more points per game in the league in the matches he’s started than those he hasn’t. Then add in his cup performances. He has to start every game now, it is patently obvious how much better he makes us to the naked eye and statistically.

I love Bissouma but the fact remains we are punching above our weight in the PL,one player is not going to be able to carry this shower...Oh hang on....#Murray

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Concerning Ali J looked very ordinary against a championship side.

Excellent first half, ordinary second.

Decision making excellent in the first half, poor in the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I very much agree with the 'slow down a minute' brigade.

In the main he played well today but for me he started in his more usual head down when attacking.
Then got his poop together.
But finished the game being rather self-indulgent again.

He's gonna be the greatest, but let's not run before we can walk.

I’m with these comments. Bissouma & Jahanbaksh the two players to really lay down a marker for regular first team starts, and neither really suggested Hughton’s been getting his starting XIs wrong. Jahanbaksh in particular is a bit of a worry, as he just seems to go missing. Bissouma has potential but just seems to struggle with the simple things.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Don't bookings in the FA Cup count in all competitions then? Is he only banned for FA Cup matches, and not for the League?

......and if so, how many yellows do you have to get in the FA Cup to get a ban?

Yes, from this season, bookings are competition specific. In cup competitions, two yellows (in different matches) result in a one-match ban (but only in that competition). Bissouma was also booked at WBA so he now serves a one-match ban in the sixth round.

Confusingly, suspensions from being sent-off are served across ALL competitions (which is why Andone is missing two Premier League matches).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Wasting your time. Pouring through some comical comments on here as usual, that we should deploy Bissouma in the screening role, so we get the best of the worst part of his game and the worst of his best.

Also recommendations to play Kayal in another PL game? Christ. Love the bloke but that ship has sailed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Instead of whom though? If we want to pick him based on todays game, and why not, he was great, then we also have to pick Stephens who showed exactly why everyone likes playing with him. Propper has had a very good spell of games so I wouldn't drop him either, so I guess its Gross but that feels risky.

Bissouma will be great but I trust CH to bring him through at the right pace

Knocky is really the one who should have forced himself back into the first team from today's performance

------------------ Ryan ------------------
Bruno -- Duffy -- Dunk -- Bernardo
----------------- Stephens --------------
----- Bissouma ------ Propper -------
March ----------------------- Izquierdo
---------------- Murray ------------------

That looks like our best team at present. The only real debate is who plays right back in my view. Given where we are in the league at present, Bruno's experience wouldn't go amiss. The weakest positions that we have in terms of both quality and quantity are up front and DCM. Who would you bring Knockaert in for?

Subs: Button, Montoya, Burn, Kayal, Gross, Knockaert/Jahanbakhsh, Andone

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
I agree with the opening post. Excellent going forward, lively good imagination and not afraid to have a shot. Great in defence too, he wins the ball back on so many occasions. Been my "new favourite player" this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here