Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everybody has to learn but as I have pointed out he does some phenomenal things then compounds them by mistakes straight afterwards and I do not think that 22 is young in terms of footballers learning their trade , perhaps I am being too hard on him and expect too much from him. I would think that he has probably been a pro longer than Solly March just as an example, although 2 years younger.

Ligue 1 is in my humble opinion generally not up to much. Bissouma’s real football education began when he started playing PL matches for The Stripes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ligue 1 is in my humble opinion generally not up to much. Bissouma’s real football education began when he started playing PL matches for The Stripes.

He strikes me as our first 'Insta' footballer.

He's been very astute to team up with a manager who demands more than just skillz.
I can't imagine the fawning someone like Pards would do to Bissouma single-handedly blocking all future development.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Interesting you should say that. Whilst it’s not quite as strong as the English, Spanish, German or Italian leagues, the standard is actually pretty good still.

One area where it does excel is in physicality. It prepares the players very well for English football, you need to be strong/powerful and mobile. I think you can clearly see this in Bissouma who looks a power house and can more than compete physically compared to say AJ, who looks very lightweight, coming from a league where physicality is far less important.

It’s the main reason why English premier league clubs have been so much more successful buying from France than any other nation. You can see this in other players coming from France in recent years like Kante and Guendouzi who are not the biggest but are more than capable of holding their own physically.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stupid booking but hard to understand why Zaha can take his one match ban in a cup game yet Bassouma cant in a league game

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
From The Guardian...

Busy Bissouma emerging as Brighton’s trump card
With every match the £14m or thereabouts that Brighton spent last summer on Yves Bissouma looks shrewder. The 22-year-old Mali midfielder, signed from Lille, was the best player on the pitch as he helped Chris Hughton’s team dispose of Derby on Saturday and advance to the FA Cup quarter‑finals. His delicate touches and strong, skilful running gives Brighton a dimension that should also help them climb out of trouble in the Premier League. “He brings something different to our midfield,” said Hughton. “It’s about developing him in the system we want to play – whether with two in midfield or three – but he’s learning all the time. For somebody of that type and ability it will always be about consistency but he’s learning all the time. He’s got the makings of a very talented player for us.” Paul Doyle

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Barn door Bissouma, once he shows he can make more than 5 touches without losing or smashing the ball wide the jury is out.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think he is one of the most exciting talents/prospects we have seen at our Club in a long time. A midfielder who can run with the ball from deep positions.. he still appears to have a lot of development to make, to improve his decision making and ultimately make less mistakes, but in the first half he helped make Huddlestone and Bryson look awful (two very experienced campaigners, albeit not at their best), despite the latter's attempts to wind him up.. His ability to nick the ball back has also been a feature of his influence. He could be our version of Pogba.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He's a special footballer and he's going to be someone we struggle to keep within the next couple of windows. The man is quality and I think he's only going to get better.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I totally agree but making the point that the argument when he makes a mistake ' that he is young' doesnt wash with me.

All footballers make mistakes in every single game, no matter their age. Bissouma will only get better and make less mistakes if he plays more and is given more opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here