Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Here's an idea Paul

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sounds like great value. Walking out at the Amex to GOSBTS, thats gotta be worth £115 (of course not everyone can afford it but probably the price of a console game or 2, I know what I would rather give as a present)

Features
7-a-side tournament
Play on Chelsea FC's pitch
Group & knockout style tournament
60 minutes of playing time
Trophies for age group winners
Sanctioned by the FA
Medal for each player
£3 Spectator entrance fee
Visit the players' changing rooms
Play inside a 41,631 seater stadium
Walk out the tunnel to a matchday anthem
Professional football freestyler show
Meet our mascot Precision Panda
Fully FA Qualified Referees
Paramedics on site
Live results website

To be fair, many local junior football clubs successfully put on their own tournaments each year and include a majority of the above, all for around £50 a team, without the degree of travel expenses.
For large clubs to put this on smacks of either fund raising or looking to justify the overheads they incur in having community coaches on their payrolls.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure subs cover a trip to a tournament costing over a £1000.
My sons club has just asked if I can buy him a kit as the club can't get a sponsor.
I'm told subs pay for refs, pitches and training equipment.

I manage my daughter's team and charge £160 for the season. That covers 3G training once a week, match fees, refs, affiliation costs etc. The only additional funds were £500 from my brother in laws company to sponsor shirts.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, I've played in an adult competition at Stamford Bridge (played on the actual pitch, used the players' dressing room etc). It was a freebie for me so didn't think how much it cost, I bet it was an eye-watering amount for an adult team. Great experience though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Barber is already on it.

Something like £60 per kid at The Amex.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sounds like great value. Walking out at the Amex to GOSBTS, thats gotta be worth £115 (of course not everyone can afford it but probably the price of a console game or 2, I know what I would rather give as a present)

Features
7-a-side tournament
Play on Chelsea FC's pitch
Group & knockout style tournament
60 minutes of playing time
Trophies for age group winners
Sanctioned by the FA
Medal for each player
£3 Spectator entrance fee
Visit the players' changing rooms
Play inside a 41,631 seater stadium
Walk out the tunnel to a matchday anthem
Professional football freestyler show
Meet our mascot Precision Panda
Fully FA Qualified Referees
Paramedics on site
Live results website

Precision Panda :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnNH7I07RY

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Parents. £1150 per team to enter that will be met by the parents. Its a bugger because it would be an occasion and something for kids to cherish but the money turns it into a rich kids treat. I don't like the feel of it but don't want to deny my boy an occasion. As I say, if it was at Brighton there would be no second thought but we're 6 or 7 miles from Chelsea here, hence the opportunity

You have probably got to say yes, he will thank you for it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Problem is any kids team will be a mix of kids from very different backgrounds. Bound to be those that simply couldn't afford it.....I know we had a few that struggled with annual and weekly subs, let alone £100+ for an hours football.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Actually thinking about it some more, you mention subs I agree, it would need to be the whole team or none were it my team I reckon
I do think its not bad value though if kids are lucky enough to be able to attend

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I manage my daughter's team and charge £160 for the season. That covers 3G training once a week, match fees, refs, affiliation costs etc. The only additional funds were £500 from my brother in laws company to sponsor shirts.

My sons team only charges the FA signing on fee at the start of the season, training is charged quarterly and subs are paid for each match.
He has played for other clubs where they charge an upfront fee that covers everything.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Barber is already on it.

Something like £60 per kid at The Amex.
Yes it takes place at the Amex on Sunday 19th May. Cost is £590 per team ( maximum 10 players) - but it was sold out at all age groups within a few hours, though you can put your name on the reserve list.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't believe it is £115 per player and the team are still 'considering' entering!!

As regards the Albion, would be a brilliant idea if they ran a tournament at Lancing for the local youth teams, boys and girls. I suspect the problem is when is it available as I suspect as soon as the season is over they work on preparing the pitches for next season and obviously the training pitches have to be ready much earlier than the Amex!!!

I think they already do at Lancing, I’ve taken a couple of teams to events they’ve run for free on the 3G community pitch they have, run by AITC.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That price is madness. It should be free . Does the club needs kids money? I hope it flops.

No chance it will flop, the parents will be queuing up to pay the fees so their little ones can play at Chelsea.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here