Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Betting Companies controlling Kick Off Times

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Sorry if this subject been posted about before.

Why are we kicking of at 12.30? Time will be 19.30 in most of Asia.

The same happened at Bournemouth. It's obvious that the Kick off time is set to drive the Asian betting market. We have all seen the Chinese and Thai Betting Companies writing flashing up on the advertising boards.

Just feel sad that we are just pawns to these betting companies making millions and we can't have a traditional 3pm Kick Off.

People seem to think the TV companies are deciding the K.O times but Sky have their own betting company and I wouldn't be surprised if the betting companies are big backers of BT Sports.

Times are changing and not for the best IMHO.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We have been in the 21st century for nearly 20 years now you know.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

The same happened at Bournemouth. It's obvious that the Kick off time is set to drive the Asian betting market. We have all seen the Chinese and Thai Betting Companies writing flashing up on the advertising boards.

Just feel sad that we are just pawns to these betting companies making millions and we can't have a traditional 3pm Kick Off.

People seem to think the TV companies are deciding the K.O times but Sky have their own betting company and I wouldn't be surprised if the betting companies are big backers of BT Sports.

Can’t argue that the Asian market is a big pull, but I do think you are overthinking this. A 12.30 kick off is the latest time the TV companies can show a match with limited possibility of it over running to the 3pm kick offs. As for your comment with regards Sky Bet, isn’t today’s game on BT, or do you have evidence that BT is backed by the Asian betting market?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can’t argue that the Asian market is a big pull, but I do think you are overthinking this. A 12.30 kick off is the latest time the TV companies can show a match with limited possibility of it over running to the 3pm kick offs. As for your comment with regards Sky Bet, isn’t today’s game on BT, or do you have evidence that BT is backed by the Asian betting market?

Have to agree with this. If we were 'accommodating the far east then surely there would be more games kicking off even earlier!

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Gate money is peanuts on the bigger scheme of things. Football is about profits. Sadly nobody gives a toss about the fans.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
maybe, though i think its as likelyt the far east TV. and before working into a lather, just remember where the money for stadium came from.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Couple of points. The bookmakers have absolutely zero say in when games kick off that is all down to the television companies. Secondly Sky television sold any involvement it had with sky bet a while back.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Curiously with extra time and penalties, could we become the first 3pm televised game? Isn't this banned?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

just as likely derby were considered a risk by sussex ob and early kick off was designated , do you think asian people go to bed early ....?? on my visits to the orient i am rarely in bed before 4 or 5 a.m , the locals seem to like staying up late too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here