Date: Saturday 16th February 2019
Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: David Coote
Assistants: Dan Cook, Neil Davies
Fourth official: Roger East
VAR:Graham Scott
AVAR: Andrew Garratt

TEAM NEWS

Brighton are without Florin Andone, who has been retrospectively banned for three games after elbowing Sam Field in the fourth-round replay at West Brom.

Fellow forward Solly March is a doubt with an ankle injury, but Jose Izquierdo is back in training following 10 weeks out with a knee problem.

Tom Lawrence is expected to start for Frank Lampard's Derby after returning from injury to score against Ipswich on Wednesday.

Midfielder Andy King, on loan from Leicester, is cup-tied.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Robyn Cowen: Both sides would be forgiven for having one eye on other matters going into this tie.

Brighton's run of just one league win in 11 has left them perilously close to the Premier League relegation zone. Derby, meanwhile, have their sights sets on a play-off place in the Championship.

Given Brighton's current plight and the fact that Derby have already claimed cup scalps against top-flight opposition in Manchester United and Southampton, a win for Frank Lampard's side might go down as an upset but it wouldn't be a huge shock.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "Some of the bigger sides have gone out - but for us it's always about taking it one round at a time.

"It's a great opportunity for somebody - we're part of that group of teams.

"We're the favourites this weekend and we understand that. We'd always rather be playing at home against a side outside the top flight - but they're in really good form at the moment."

Frank Lampard's Derby manager Frank Lampard: "We have had a good run in the cups this season and it's because we've performed when we needed to and stepped up - so we have to go again."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in the past five meetings in all competitions, winning two and drawing three.
    [*=left]The Seagulls triumphed 3-0 in the most recent encounter in the Championship in March 2017.
    [*=left]This is the third time the two sides have met in the FA Cup. Stuart McMillan's Derby won 10-1 over two legs in the fifth round in 1946, while Brighton secured a 3-1 third-round victory in 1961.

Albion

• [*=left]Brighton's win at West Brom in the fourth-round replay is their only victory in seven matches in all competitions (D3, L4).
    [*=left]They are attempting to make the FA Cup quarter-finals for a second successive season, and fourth time overall.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won seven of their eight ties as a top-flight club against lower league teams. The exception was a 3-0 home defeat to third tier Oxford United in the fourth round in 1982.
    [*=left]Brighton's Glenn Murray has scored four goals in five FA Cup appearances, despite not starting any of those matches and playing a total of 67 minutes.

Frank Lampard's Derby

• [*=left]Frank Lampard's Derby are unbeaten in six games, winning four, including the penalty shoot-out victory over Southampton in round three.
    [*=left]They are aiming to arrest a run of four successive fifth-round defeats in the FA Cup.
    [*=left]The Rams last made the quarter-finals in 1999, losing 1-0 at Arsenal.
    [*=left]All five of Frank Lampard's Derby's FA Cup goals this season have come in the second half, with the last three scored in the final 15 minutes.
    [*=left]Manager Frank Lampard played in the Chelsea team that eliminated Brighton manager Chris Hughton's Birmingham City in the fifth round in 2012.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh, not too much of a 'reserve' team please, and a nice straightforward win. Would it be too much to ask for a two goal margin so we can enjoy the final twenty minutes for once? :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would it be too much to ask for a two goal margin so we can enjoy the final twenty minutes for once? :)

I think you know the answer to that now, don’t you?

Given our current form, I’d almost be surprised by a win.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Good to have a cup run, but unless we can play all games including the final at home against a non top six team it's going to end in tears. I think I need to go and take my happy pills.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited (as going away today)

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
About to set off. Not feeling massively confident. I want Chris showing up in white slip-on shoes today.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Feeling quite confident.

The wine tasting is probably helping.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Derby defence looked very open in the mid week game at Ipswich , they were looking lucky to be at 1-1 for most of the second half until a late rally in the last 5 minutes. That I believe was most of their first choice defenders so if we can get at them I think we will have a great chance for a good win. However they do look dangerous going forward with pace and creativity so we will need to be concentrated and at our best ourselves.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No point going peeps.

My lucky t-shirt is in the wash. :down:

Current form suggests #BlessingInDisguise.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Derby County *** Official Match Thread ***

Albion v Frank Lampard's Derby

Frank Lampard's Derby manager Frank Lampard: "We have had a good run in the cups this season and it's because we've performed when we needed to and stepped up - so we have to go again."
[/QUOTE]

This is genius. [emoji23]

For that reason, I’m convinced that we’ll win good and hard against Frank Lampard’s team.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Biggest game of the season so far-

^^^^^^^wheel loose^^^^^^^

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Derby defence looked very open in the mid week game at Ipswich , they were looking lucky to be at 1-1 for most of the second half until a late rally in the last 5 minutes. That I believe was most of their first choice defenders so if we can get at them I think we will have a great chance for a good win. However they do look dangerous going forward with pace and creativity so we will need to be concentrated and at our best ourselves.

Tell me about it mate.

I had a double on Leeds and Derby midweek. Reading the match report, Derby were maybe a tad fortunate to get a point against one of the worst Championship sides in years. Ipswich should have won it in the second half. Today, there might be a reaction or they still might be smarting a bit over losing ground in the play-offs.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Someone bought my seat so I had to buy the one in the row behind and I'm going to GLARE at them the whole match instead of watching the football, not that I will miss anything as we will lose 2-0

You should have bought the one in front. The glaring would be so much more effective.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here