Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] IF, IF, IF We were relegated what would be our starting XI in August?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Its not going to happen......I think some of you lot want us to go down....Every supporter should want their team to play in the top division...now get behind the team....Im sure Mr Bloom wont want us to go down to a more exciting league....
If you like the Championship so much go support Leeds United as I hope they will be there next year.

If we go down. It'll be no big deal. Football's not all about playing in the top division like so many TV fans are made to believe. Sky like to make people believe the top division is every fans desire when infact, a lot of clubs might never ever get there due to their restricted fan base and finance. Getting to the Prem shouldn't be every fans dream. It should be enjoying going to matches, having a great atmosphere, watching entertaining/competitive football, unearthing some unknown talent who turns out to be an absolute gem, witnessing the occasional wonder goal, beating your rivals, knocking out a team 4 division above you in the cup etc.

This whole 'the Prem is the meaning of football' is getting annoying. There's so much more to football than just the top division. If we go down, things will still be going just fine at our club. No great loss. Still good attendances, a roof over our heads, a good standard of football on field and a club still heading in the right direction.

The only thing I really dread if we get relegated this season is a load of fans in tears as if someone's died. Fans making out as if relegation from the Prem is something our club should never had imagined. It's so cringey and over the top, and when you consider the albion's last 20 years, it'll be an embarrassment for our club's fans too.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
If we go down. It'll be no big deal. Football's not all about playing in the top division like so many TV fans are made to believe. Sky like to make people believe the top division is every fans desire when infact, a lot of clubs might never ever get there due to their restricted fan base and finance. Getting to the Prem shouldn't be every fans dream. It should be enjoying going to matches, having a great atmosphere, watching entertaining/competitive football, unearthing some unknown talent who turns out to be an absolute gem, witnessing the occasional wonder goal, beating your rivals, knocking out a team 4 division above you in the cup etc.

This whole 'the Prem is the meaning of football' is getting annoying. There's so much more to football than just the top division. If we go down, things will still be going just fine at our club. No great loss. Still good attendances, a roof over our heads, a good standard of football on field and a club still heading in the right direction.

The only thing I really dread if we get relegated this season is a load of fans in tears as if someone's died. Fans making out as if relegation from the Prem is something our club should never had imagined. It's so cringey and over the top, and when you consider the albion's last 20 years, it'll be an embarrassment for our club's fans too.

Go tell Tony Bloom after all he has invested....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we go down. It'll be no big deal.

Not for the Albion's probably 12-15k core support it's not. In fact it'd thin out the queues for every damn thing quite nicely. But for the club's money men it would be an absolute disaster. And no we wouldn't bounce straight back up again, the squad's WAY too weak for that already, and would only get weaker due to asset stripping of players. More chance of a threat of double relegation.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not for the Albion's probably 12k - 15k core support it's not. In fact it'd thin out the queues for every damn thing quite nicely. But for the club's money men it would be an avsolute disaster. And no we wouldn't bounce straight back up again, the squad's WAY too weak for that. More chance of a threat of doybke relegation.

We'd still be getting parachute payments for the next 2 seasons, so the money situation would still be very good in terms of our wealth. We'd be one of the richest teams in the championship and with all these multi million development players coming through. That sounds pretty exciting to me just say we go down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We'd still be getting parachute payments for the next 2 seasons, so the money situation would still be very good in terms of our wealth. We'd be one of the richest teams in the championship and with all these multi million development players coming through. That sounds pretty exciting to me just say we go down.

Not at all sure if you're being serious now. Think I may have been WHOOSHED :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey you lot don't know the squad.

No mention of the January signing or Percy!!!

Stockdale

Bruno El Abd Elphick Bong

Spanish Dave Bridcutt Crofts Buckley

Vydra Rhodes

A little bit for everyone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm being serious ???

So you reckon we'll have a double relegation as you mentioned in your previous post. What makes you think that will happen?

I said there would be a THREAT of double relegation. Any sense of impetus as a club would be shot out of the water, and playing-wise our squad's none too impressive as it is. Parachute payments wouldn't help. Other Championship clubs would want it far more.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Walton
Bruno
White
Burn
Bong
Knockaert
Sanders
Stephens
March
Locadia
Murray

I think we'd flog Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bissouma, Andone, Jahanbakhsh, Izquierdo, Bernardo and Propper.

Obviously, there's no getting rid of Bong and he needs us to get relegated to keep him at the club. Staying in the Premier League again should mean the end of his reign of PL mediocrity.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I said there would be a THREAT of double relegation. Any sense of impetus would be shot out of the water, and our squad's none too impressive as it is. Other Championship clubs would want it far more.

I disagree. I reckon if we go down, we'll be a lot stronger than the team who last got us promoted. If anything, it'll be a cruise like the recent seasons when Newcastle were in the Championship.

We're strong right down to youth level now. Our strength in depth will be too much for the Championship. No way could we possibly face a double relegation like Sunderland just have.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I disagree. I reckon if we go down, we'll be a lot stronger than the team who last got us promoted. If anything, it'll be a cruise like the recent seasons when Newcastle were in the Championship.

We're strong right down to youth level now. Our strength in depth will be too much for the Championship. No way could we possibly face a double relegation like Sunderland just have.

It would be a stronger squad if our best players stayed, but it’s a very hard division to bounce straight back out of. 46 physical matches.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What about all the player that are currently out on loan:

These are just the senior ish ones:

Christian Walton
Markus Suttner
Ezequiel Schelotto
Tudor Baluta
Richie Towell
Alexis Mac Allister
Billy Arce
Percy Tau
Tomer Hemed
Jan Mlakar

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It would be a stronger squad if our best players stayed, but it’s a very hard division to bounce straight back out of. 46 physical matches.

Dunk
Gross
Propper
Ryan
Duffy

Would be the only real great losses who would surely attract prem attention.

The rest will either stay or be replaced, I doubt there's tons of clubs desperate to spend millions for Jose, Montoya, Stephens, March, Locadia, Knockaert, Kayal, andone etc. None of them have been consistent enough to show they're prem proven talent (yet).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here