Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Schools 4 Climate Action - great turn out in Brighton

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Glorious ranting by you, Portlock, and quite frankly you come over as completely obsessed.
This not the way to get people round to your way of thinking.
Whatever you may think of all the millions of fruitloops like me, many of us are just ordinary people living ordinary responsible lives and are not impressed by the fanatical approach to climate change as favoured by you and your fellow revolutionaries. For example, carbon neutrality by 2025 is not going to happen, however many of your number superglue themselves to London roads. You know this, so why do Extinction Rebellion persist with this 'demand'?
I really can't be bothered to waste any more time keyboarding with a fanatic who will not listen to anybody else's point of view, so goodbye for now and enjoy the rest of Easter.
Let us hope the Albion get something out of the weekend..........fingers crossed.
P.S. For your information, my wife hasn't flown since 1991 and that was for business and I haven't flown since 1997 and again, that was for business. We haven't been abroad on holiday since 1989 and that was a trip to Munich.......Prost H.T.!:drink:
Maldives? Ha-ha, usually Dorset, Devon or Cornwall for us!

Indeed.

You can’t reason with some people.

Hey some people need to be scared to survive.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Well done the school...:)

Environmental awareness at the weekend...

Dear Parent or Carer

You will be aware that there have been a number of Environmental Marches where students from across the city have joined up to make their voices heard about the important issue of climate change. We had nearly 500 students attend the last march, and they each wrote a pledge which stated how they would personally make a positive climate change. These pledges highlight just how passionately our students see this issue. We have therefore decided to help support students with some of the pledges they have mentioned.

Many students said they would do a ‘Beach Clean’, picking up rubbish and plastic from the beach, so we are going to organise one as a school. We will meet at the West Pier on Saturday 15th June at 4p.m., and will be there for about an hour.

Students will have to make their own way there and back. Whilst they are there staff will supervise students in cleaning the beach of plastic. We have some litter picking equipment, but if they have any gloves, etc please ask them to bring them along. Students will not be allowed in the water. Please ensure that they have suitable clothing for the weather and footwear (closed toe shoes, no flip-slops) for walking on the beach.

The school community is showing how committed it is to making a positive change to the environment. We believe that by supporting our students with the challenges they have set themselves we can make the environment better.

If your kid wishes to attend the beach clean, please ask them to return the slip below to the Hub by 3:30pm on Thursday13th June, or reply to xxx confirming your permission and your child’s name and tutor group

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Dear Parent or Carer

You will be aware that there have been a number of Environmental Marches where students from across the city have joined up to make their voices heard about the important issue of climate change. We had nearly 500 students attend the last march, and they each wrote a pledge which stated how they would personally make a positive climate change. These pledges highlight just how passionately our students see this issue. We have therefore decided to help support students with some of the pledges they have mentioned.

Many students said they would do a ‘Beach Clean’, picking up rubbish and plastic from the beach, so we are going to organise one as a school. We will meet at the West Pier on Saturday 15th June at 4p.m., and will be there for about an hour.

Students will have to make their own way there and back. Whilst they are there staff will supervise students in cleaning the beach of plastic. We have some litter picking equipment, but if they have any gloves, etc please ask them to bring them along. Students will not be allowed in the water. Please ensure that they have suitable clothing for the weather and footwear (closed toe shoes, no flip-slops) for walking on the beach.

The school community is showing how committed it is to making a positive change to the environment. We believe that by supporting our students with the challenges they have set themselves we can make the environment better.

If your kid wishes to attend the beach clean, please ask them to return the slip below to the Hub by 3:30pm on Thursday13th June, or reply to xxx confirming your permission and your child’s name and tutor group

I've just got one of these in my inbox. I'm wondering if it's peculiar to my son's school, or something more widespread. Another pledge was to give up meat for a week, which he enjoyed doing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Dear Parent or Carer

Not well done by the school as I would have expected far higher standards in letter writing.

Just look at the last sentence with the use of kid and then change to child, surely there should be consistency in terminology.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Dear Parent or Carer

Will be interesting to see the turnout to an event where they have to roll up their sleeves and do something compared to the “days off school” for the marches.
I really hope the kids show up for this, it will do a lot to silence the naysayers.

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Not well done by the school as I would have expected far higher standards in letter writing.

Just look at the last sentence with the use of kid and then change to child, surely there should be consistency in terminology.

It was a personalised e-mail. I changed it to 'kid' to protect little Quentin...damn

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will be interesting to see the turnout to an event where they have to roll up their sleeves and do something compared to the “days off school” for the marches.
I really hope the kids show up for this, it will do a lot to silence the naysayers.

This, completely. Picking up plastic off the beach sounds like a far more educational bunk off double maths than going on some vacuous march. Might even learn something along the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here