Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Schools 4 Climate Action - great turn out in Brighton

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The climate changes. We do have to adapt, what is the alternative. To try to steer or shape the climate of the planet? Can't you appreciate that it's possible we are not smart enough or equipped to a) know what temperature the Earth "ought" to be, and b) actually effect the temperature of the earth without causing unintended and disastrous consequences?

The Earth may be warming. It has warmed before. It has cooled before. To the extent that we should have a role it is minimizing any impact we may be having. When you talk about "reversing" climate change, it sounds like you think the Earths temperature is "supposed" to remain static. It never has been and it never will be. If we didn't have any environmental effect at all, the climate would still change, and we would still need to adapt to what it does.

It's very simplistic to assume that any changes in the Earths climate our down to human activity, simply because they are happening, and it ignores the natural process of non-stop climate change which go back as far as we can measure.
Yeah so we should just carry on and do nothing then, jeeez what a numptie

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah so we should just carry on and do nothing then, jeeez what a numptie

That isn't even close to what I said.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The climate changes. We do have to adapt, what is the alternative. To try to steer or shape the climate of the planet? Can't you appreciate that it's possible we are not smart enough or equipped to a) know what temperature the Earth "ought" to be, and b) actually effect the temperature of the earth without causing unintended and disastrous consequences?

The Earth may be warming. It has warmed before. It has cooled before. To the extent that we should have a role it is minimizing any impact we may be having. When you talk about "reversing" climate change, it sounds like you think the Earths temperature is "supposed" to remain static. It never has been and it never will be. If we didn't have any environmental effect at all, the climate would still change, and we would still need to adapt to what it does.

It's very simplistic to assume that any changes in the Earths climate our down to human activity, simply because they are happening, and it ignores the natural process of non-stop climate change which go back as far as we can measure.

Sorry, you’re an idiot.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry, you’re an idiot.

Well, I could hardly expect you to humbly consider whether you are being entirely reasonable, could I.

If you do ever wonder why environmental activism doesn't seem to be bringing on board as many people as it should, you and others like you are going to want to start by looking at yourself and whether your unwillingness to accept the limitations of your own knowledge might be a factor. You do not help your cause with your self righteousness, you harm your cause. & that's a shame, because protecting the environment is a worthy cause.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, I could hardly expect you to humbly consider whether you are being entirely reasonable, could I.

If you do ever wonder why environmental activism doesn't seem to be bringing on board as many people as it should, you and others like you are going to want to start by looking at yourself and whether your unwillingness to accept the limitations of your own knowledge might be a factor. You do not help your cause with your self righteousness, you harm your cause. & that's a shame, because protecting the environment is a worthy cause.

There is no debate to be had on whether it’s happening or not, only how we deal with it. People with your attitude have been left far behind.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There is no debate to be had on whether it’s happening or not, only how we deal with it. People with your attitude have been left far behind.

You're not wrong.

We seem to be living in a post reason age.

D

Deleted member 22389

Go on, tell us, all your family are Italian teachers?

Actually yes, my cousin was the head of a school in the UK, and a successful one at that. Anyway why are you dragging up something I said days ago, are you that bored at the moment. I know the Brexit thread is dead, but really.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Climate action remind me of some remainers( I voted leave)who thought leavers were too thick and stupid to understand the issues,so the same thing with climate change,they patronisingly feel they have to educate the masses by disrupting their daily lives.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I've said it on the other thread but all the time we have millionaires that would rather spend money on a poxy 850 year old building in France instead of investing in the demise of our planet, you've got no chance!

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

There is no point arguing with people like you over this because you won’t listen to any point of view other than your own.

So I’ve just posted what I think of the above comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
lets accept AGW and decide we want to do something about it. how much poorer are we willing to be to reduce our carbon output? what taxes are we going to accept to change behavior, products, services banned or rationed to reduce pollution? are we going to straight ration or create tradable allowances? are we going to ask the developing world, India, China to stop development?

what are actually intending to do about it, because super-gluing to trains and blocking traffic is great for publicity but does naff all to deliver. stop climate change - how?

i'll start - outlaw airfreight of all produce. no need to have fresh fruit from South America or flowers from Africa, if it cant be shipped by sea (by efficient containers ships of course, meeting new emissions rules) we shouldn't have it any more.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

There is no point arguing with people like you over this because you won’t listen to any point of view other than your own.

So I’ve just posted what I think of the above comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pathetic, you said it, you are the problem.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Climate action remind me of some remainers( I voted leave)who thought leavers were too thick and stupid to understand the issues,so the same thing with climate change,they patronisingly feel they have to educate the masses by disrupting there daily lives.

Their daily lives.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I've said it on the other thread but all the time we have millionaires that would rather spend money on a poxy 850 year old building in France instead of investing in the demise of our planet, you've got no chance!

The most simplistic post of the month.

D

Deleted member 22389

Climate action remind me of some remainers( I voted leave)who thought leavers were too thick and stupid to understand the issues,so the same thing with climate change,they patronisingly feel they have to educate the masses by disrupting their daily lives.

It does certainly feel that way.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Vote Leave
Deny man mad climate change
Hate on protestors
Poor grammar
Badly informed

Anyone else see a pattern here?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Isn't that what a protest is supposed to do? Should the Suffragettes have gone about their protests so as not to disrupt anyone? What about civil rights? What about all the EDL, UKIP, LeaveEU, FootballLADS marches, I don't remember you saying they were patronising for their disruption? Is it just when you don't want to hear it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's MUGS like you that sit back your whole life and do sweet F A! Then complain when it's too late

D

Deleted member 22389

It's MUGS like you that sit back your whole life and do sweet F A! Then complain when it's too late

Apart from putting out the recycling every fortnight, I really don't know what else people can and are expected to do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here