The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Climate change is most certainly happening, it has been happening for millions of years, recently, The last two hundred years it has accelerated slightly, largely due to the industrial revolution, The UK is very, very good with it’s attempts to slow it down, I would have more respect for the smellys disruptions if they were to go to places like China, one of the worst culprits and protest there,that is never go to happen though, largely because Ocado don’t deliver that far probably.
Incidentally, did you know that not a single flat Earther has ever sailed single handedly around the World.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t think anyone would be wise to protest anything in China.
The U.K. has influence on a global scale and it’s a far more worthwhile endeavour to try and get our government to use that influence than to travel to China, have your protest fall on deaf ears and most likely get arrested, imprisoned and either deported or sent to rot in a Chinese work camp.

As an aside I don’t think it’s your respect or approval that they are seeking.

Last edited:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Climate change is most certainly happening, it has been happening for millions of years, recently, The last two hundred years it has accelerated slightly, largely due to the industrial revolution, The UK is very, very good with it’s attempts to slow it down, I would have more respect for the smellys disruptions if they were to go to places like China, one of the worst culprits and protest there,that is never go to happen though, largely because Ocado don’t deliver that far probably.
Incidentally, did you know that not a single flat Earther has ever sailed single handedly around the World.

‘Slight’ is understatement of the year. Why is it when it comes to scientific data which concludes people may have to make changes to their lives suddenly people have had enough of experts and scientific proof?

UN report after UN report,NASA report after NASA report. The IPCC https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/02/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf

But nope, suddenly eveyone and their dog is an expert. Sometimes I wish it was gravity such people didn’t believe in (edit: not aimed at you personally, i happened to meet some morons today and I’m still in a bad mood about it and their ignorance)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The correlation between climate change deniers/play downers and Brexiteers is very illuminating.

There is certainly a shared head burying ethic. A lot of climate change deniers are afraid. They know deep down it’s happening and the consequences are going to be world changing so for them, it’s easier to deny and hope that they aren’t around to see the effects too badly.
There is also the “something will get sorted” attitude that they share with Brexiteers.
It’s why they sneer at protestors, they shine a spotlight on an issue that terrifies them and that they want to just go away.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don’t think anyone would be wise to protest anything in China.
The U.K. has influence on a global scale and it’s a far more worthwhile endeavour to try and get our government to use that influence than to travel to China, have your protest fall on deaf ears and most likely get arrested, imprisoned and either deported or sent to rot in a Chinese work camp.

As an aside I don’t think it’s your respect or approval that they are seeking.

Like an albinos cock, You have a fair point, perhaps that is correct about the Chinese work camps, why not travel to France, I’m sure President Macron would treat them with a little more sympathy than He does the Gillet Jaune, after all the French seem to be cocking a deaf un toward the onset of climate change.
As an aside I’ve never seen so many white people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Like an albinos cock, You have a fair point, perhaps that is correct about the Chinese work camps, why not travel to France, I’m sure President Macron would treat them with a little more sympathy than He does the Gillet Jaune, after all the French seem to be cocking a deaf un toward the onset of climate change.
As an aside I’ve never seen so many white people.

Ha! Well, there are people like Greenpeace and other groups that protest around the globe but I suppose to mobilise the amount of protestors we are currently seeing in London , to travel the earth protesting would be nigh on impossible.
Personally I applaud the protestors, I would imagine a majority of them are actually putting effort in on our behalf. I think that has merit.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Ha! Well, there are people like Greenpeace and other groups that protest around the globe but I suppose to mobilise the amount of protestors we are currently seeing in London , to travel the earth protesting would be nigh on impossible.
Personally I applaud the protestors, I would imagine a majority of them are actually putting effort in on our behalf. I think that has merit.

As long as they take their rubbish with them this time, I to will be in admiration, also it would be a nice touch if the used eco friendly, biodegradables to remove all the graffiti they have plastered over central London, as for that pink boat on a trailer, how many people is that going to take to pull it back to where it came from?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As long as they take their rubbish with them this time, I to will be in admiration, also it would be a nice touch if the used eco friendly, biodegradables to remove all the graffiti they have plastered over central London, as for that pink boat on a trailer, how many people is that going to take to pull it back to where it came from?

We can agree that the rubbish left behind is unfortunate. I can only hope it serves to highlight how much wasteful packaging is used.
People are a messy, wasteful species.
I don’t like graffiti either.
I would imagine it would take about 6 people to pull the boat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Worryingly now increasingly in the press one hears phrases such as “the world must learn to adapt”. It’s becoming accepted wisdom that climate change can’t and won’t be reversed and that energy and money must now be directed towards measures to adapt to a different world. We left it too late.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Man made climate change, accelerated climate change. Whatever name there are plenty of people who would rather ridicule those who wish to limit their impact and spread awareness than change even the smallest detail of their life.

Well the name you give it does kind of matter.

& I would never ridicule anyone who wants to limit thier impact on the environment, we all should want that.

Spreading awareness about our impact on the environment is a very good thing. Spreading "awareness" about our impact on the climate goes beyond the realm of demonstrable fact.

I care about the environment. If you want to argue that human beings could be having an impact on the climate and do have an impact on ecosystems and the environment then I am with you all the way.

But if you want to argue that human beings are having an impact on the climate, that this is known or even knowable, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a "denier" or is like someone who believes the earth is flat, then you lose me. & you lose many others too. I want you to win the argument. But to do that you have to be certain to always speak the truth, even if it is not the most convenient truth.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've said it on the other thread but all the time we have millionaires that would rather spend money on a poxy 850 year old building in France instead of investing in the demise of our planet, you've got no chance!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Worryingly now increasingly in the press one hears phrases such as “the world must learn to adapt”. It’s becoming accepted wisdom that climate change can’t and won’t be reversed and that energy and money must now be directed towards measures to adapt to a different world. We left it too late.

The climate changes. We do have to adapt, what is the alternative. To try to steer or shape the climate of the planet? Can't you appreciate that it's possible we are not smart enough or equipped to a) know what temperature the Earth "ought" to be, and b) actually effect the temperature of the earth without causing unintended and disastrous consequences?

The Earth may be warming. It has warmed before. It has cooled before. To the extent that we should have a role it is minimizing any impact we may be having. When you talk about "reversing" climate change, it sounds like you think the Earths temperature is "supposed" to remain static. It never has been and it never will be. If we didn't have any environmental effect at all, the climate would still change, and we would still need to adapt to what it does.

It's very simplistic to assume that any changes in the Earths climate our down to human activity, simply because they are happening, and it ignores the natural process of non-stop climate change which go back as far as we can measure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here