A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1096421488306069504[/TWEET]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That it will make people aware that they are bothered about it.

Of course there will be a bunch of older people who will make snide judgemental comments, probably be dismissive and patronise them.

Fortunately my kids won't let those sort of people stop them.

Disappointing, I was hoping for something more substantive like they would change the way they live their lives/consume.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Disappointing, I was hoping for something more substantive like they would change the way they live their lives/consume.

Of course you are, but then you have no insight into how they already live their lives/consume.

but as I said "there will be a bunch of older people who will make snide judgemental comments, probably be dismissive and patronise them."

Protests are typically about raising awareness and challenging the behaviour of those in authority, but you know that.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Got a call from the wife to say our 14yr old had bunked school and was on the march & could I go and find him. I left work, went to the Level, found aforementioned son, bought him lunch, said well done & left him to it!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Maybe they will. At least this is arming them with information that may help them think about their own lives. Sadly they have to live with situation dealt to them by previous generations. Given your posting history your response has been tediously predictable to say the least.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
News coming in that it's all starting to kickoff. Seven year 9 kids in police custody. Eight year 7 kids believed to have vandalised a police car, four year 11's wanted for hospitalising numerous police officers and five year 10's wanted for missing geography homework.

It was only a matter of time.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Brilliant to see so many youngsters being politically engaged and taking an interest in their future (and a bunk off school...).

They are being left with a tough legacy of a decade of austerity, a political transformation in our relationship with our neighbours, antipathy toward the real challenges facing the planet. As Peter Kay would say, they are the future. :)

So well done the protestors across the country.:clap2:

Thought this was about climate change, not sure what Brexit or the banking collapse has to do with that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant stuff.

Great to see this campaign against climate change. Go for it kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So it was a political march and not an ethical one was it?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Of course you are, but then you have no insight into how they already live their lives/consume.

but as I said "there will be a bunch of older people who will make snide judgemental comments, probably be dismissive and patronise them."

Protests are typically about raising awareness and challenging the behaviour of those in authority, but you know that.

Assuming they are entirely representative of most of the younger generation and wider population... they do as little as possible. If this isn't the case feel free to tell me what specific sacrifices they make to save the planet.

Climate change already receives huge amounts of press coverage and governmental (domestic and international) attention but you already know this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
News coming in that it's all starting to kickoff. Seven year 9 kids in police custody. Eight year 7 kids believed to have vandalised a police car, four year 11's wanted for hospitalising numerous police officers and five year 10's wanted for missing geography homework.

It was only a matter of time.

Care to share a link to this from, for instance, the police or a respected newspaper site?
If you can't, then plenty will draw the conclusion that you speak a load of drivel, and that this is just the latest instance of it. On this, if there was anything to what you've said, The Argus would have been all over it, and yet, there's nothing on their site about it.

Very pleased my daughter went. Her school was very liberal about it and gave a sly little nod

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hopefully they will also realise how important it is to keep coastal towns and beaches free from plastics and litter and make a stand against visitors abusing our beaches during peak season.

They should all get together and organise voluntary patrols to educate people and embarrass litter offenders.

Anyone who is a litterbug is retarded but it is clear that there are more people who do it than will own up to it. Our promotion celebrations on the seafront demonstrated a high percentage of litterbugs and there will be litterbug offenders using this forum.

Can anyone on here own up to littering that day :???:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here