Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] BT help.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When trying to call either my wife's or my BT mobile from our BT home phone, it rings once then the engaged tone comes up.
I've tried to call other mobiles and BT numbers with no issues.
I have not changed anything in settings anywhere.
BT says there might be a fault internally, but I cannot understand how this can be.
Your help would be most appreciated. :)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy.gif

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When trying to call either my wife's or my BT mobile from our BT home phone, it rings once then the engaged tone comes up.
BT says there might be a fault internally, but I cannot understand how this can be.

Have you called your mobiles from another landline and mobiles on a different network (landlines and mobiles will have different routes into the providers network).

Turning them off/on will force them to reregister so worth a try (for the first time in 978034 threads).

You could also try going out somewhere to get on a different cell and see if that makes a difference (there are apps that will tell you the cell id you are connected to).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Have you called your mobiles from another landline and mobiles on a different network (landlines and mobiles will have different routes into the providers network).

Turning them off/on will force them to reregister so worth a try (for the first time in 978034 threads).

You could also try going out somewhere to get on a different cell and see if that makes a difference (there are apps that will tell you the cell id you are connected to).

I will try that thank you.
I have tried to call other bt/mobile numbers on bt landline, and they do ring with no issues.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Leave BT? Hope this helps. Thanks.

On a more serious note am not sure how to solve that problem but I’d never be with a company that rents space on another more mainstream network provider, you’ll always get bumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What's a 'home phone'? Have you tried turning it off and turning it off again? etc, etc.

Seriously – I'd get a new phone. Those Omsungs are meant to be the bizness :thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Leave BT? Hope this helps. Thanks.

On a more serious note am not sure how to solve that problem but I’d never be with a company that rents space on another more mainstream network provider, you’ll always get bumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT own EE so are nothing like Tesco, Giffgaff and the like

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have tried all of above, but still the same.
Mystified:shrug:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Its called Caller identification.......your wife sees its you calling and hangs up...simple really .....end of thread.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Got an outstanding bill from BT this morning for this address in my name.

I've never had BT in this house!! They admitted they were a bunch of incompetent scumbags (or words to that effect).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here