Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Car Parking on Saturday

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Anyone just received the email from the club?

I'm obviously stupid, but I don't understand it. I have a season parking in Sussex Uni but I didn't think we got any preference for cup games? And I can't buy it on the website anyway?

Am I missing something here?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone just received the email from the club?

I'm obviously stupid, but I don't understand it. I have a season parking in Sussex Uni but I didn't think we got any preference for cup games? And I can't buy it on the website anyway?

Am I missing something here?

I think by “seasonal” it means league and cup matches. Most of us have just “league” passes.

Yes, not a good communication or choice of words

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seasonal parking is their term for the season long parking permit. Odd they refer to it in this announcement as nowhere else in their communications for this match does it say those permits are valid for this match and in the blurb for them they state seasonal parking isn't valid for non-league games.

The Club Website said:
Seasonal car parking is available at £250 for the league season. For games and events outside of the league season, spaces may be purchased on a match-by-match basis

Deciphering that article it is saying people that have bought one off parking for the match should use the multistorey car park and those with permits use the other car parks but not the usual big car park.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
Usual Club shambles.
Sell Bridge Car Park first to maximise revenue.
Don’t tell supporters Uni car parking not available. Supporter Services confirmed to me by email.
Club Send email today saying Uni will now be available.
Not showing online and when phoned ticket office (premium rate) they know nothing.
Further email just received retracting earlier email.
Oh and you don’t get loyalty points if you can’t actually turn up.
Bloody frustrating.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Usual Club shambles.
Don’t tell supporters Uni car parking not available. Supporter Services confirmed to me by email.
Not showing online and when phoned ticket office (premium rate) they know nothing.
Bloody frustrating.

Not good but don’t the club own the Bridge car park but have to rent the uni car park? If so it makes economic sense to sell bridge spaces first

dopapod

Feb 12, 2019
I emailed the club and got told no Uni car parking so have now used Seagull travel at £52 for us to go down >.<

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Usual Club shambles.
Bloody frustrating.

Total agree with this. It was a bit sneaky as the uni car parks are obviously available to some.

The club have now retracted the email, but who has a seasonal pass including cup games if you aren't a 1901 holder?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The wording of the page linked to has changed slightly. Sounds like those with seasonal permits are allowed to park like usual.

The club has reached an agreement with Sussex University that car parks two, three, four and five will be open as usual for 1901 and seasonal parkers, but car park one will be used for visitors attending the Applications Day event

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here