Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New flexible train ticket scheme for away fans is nearing arrival

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Reading that, I’d say it’s far from certain that anything will actually change (there’ll be “issues too complicated to resolve” at some point), and if it does get rolled out across the country, it won be for at least another 3 years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reading that, I’d say it’s far from certain that anything will actually change (there’ll be “issues too complicated to resolve” at some point), and if it does get rolled out across the country, it won be for at least another 3 years.

I’m confident there will be change. If there’s one thing rail companies love, and truly excel at, it’s ridiculously complex ticketing arrangements. They will not miss this chance to introduce even more levels and layers and mystifying twists and turns to what was once a simple process.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
And of course when this is finally in place then Sky would be able to change games at even shorter notice!!!

This was my concern when I first heard about it.

The problem is Sky not the railways.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m confident there will be change. If there’s one thing rail companies love, and truly excel at, it’s ridiculously complex ticketing arrangements. They will not miss this chance to introduce even more levels and layers and mystifying twists and turns to what was once a simple process.

But... if there's one thing they like more than complex ticketing arrangements, it's taking cash off punters (after all, that's why they have the complex arrangements in the first place). They will resist any attempts to make it cheaper for fans to travel to games at short notice*. While saying that they're not, of course.

*unless the Gov't make up the difference. Which, politically, they can't...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Please God say this is not one of grayling's plans!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But... if there's one thing they like more than complex ticketing arrangements, it's taking cash off punters (after all, that's why they have the complex arrangements in the first place). They will resist any attempts to make it cheaper for fans to travel to games at short notice*. While saying that they're not, of course.

*unless the Gov't make up the difference. Which, politically, they can't...

The discounts will be there....it’s for us to find them. I’m sure there’s a 15 year old Korean mathematics doctor firing up his super computer as I type, in anticipation of finding an offer. And hopefully those bitcoin miners can also turn their attention to this and help us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here