Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
So people are corrupting the ideology and therefore don't deserve victory, so if there wasn't corruption she'd still be all for it? Still not convinced, possibly pushed me more towards not letting her back.

Which ideology are you assuming she's referring to? "She'd be all for"...what exactly? Perhaps she's talking about the corruption of Islam. She also made reference to the oppression which she acknowledged was prevalent.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its interesting, the honesty of a child. An adult would made up all the 'remorse' that we're demanding, the child just tells it like it is. Doesn't sound like she expects to come home, just that she's missing home, wants to come home. As a parent I can feel a certain sympathy

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As a British subject, she is entitled to the same rights and protections as anyone else, despite what she may have done (that will be a separate issue for the authorities). If she turns up at a British airport or consulate/embassy then they should do what the would for anyone else, irrespective of what they think of her personally.
Syria needs to rebuild and having thousands of former IS yobs is the last thing they need so their respective countries have to have them back. Mind you, if she was killed in an airstrike like one of her colleagues, I'd not shed a tear.
In short, she's scum, but she's our scum.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Its interesting, the honesty of a child. An adult would made up all the 'remorse' that we're demanding, the child just tells it like it is. Doesn't sound like she expects to come home, just that she's missing home, wants to come home. As a parent I can feel a certain sympathy

Good post.

She only wants to come home because of the NHS and the fact that she has already lost two babies, as you say, very honest of her.

I’m hopeful that she can be rehabilitated if she returns. I suspect the best way of doing that is to teach her what true Islam is about rather than the warped and sickening version she has been brainwashed with.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I can’t.

And I have a daughter the same age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Child?
Have I missed something, I thought she was 19 years old?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's a really interesting case she I understand is a British citezen and her soon to born child is of course completly innocent

If allowed to return to the UK would she pose a risk or would her return provide a window into her mind might that prove to be immensely valuable into understanding why

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
She made a choice but now really only seems to want to return to the UK to have a healthy baby as she lost two due to malnutrition. Also when she saw heads of decapitated prisoners she was not that bothered.

But she also qualified the reasons why she wasn't that bothered. I wasn't that bothered when I saw what happened to Saddam Hussein or Gadaffi. In fact I quite enjoyed it.

People on this thread keep quoting her or stating what she has said but they ignore or leave out those parts which give a complete and rounded picture. They just repeat the specific parts which show her in as bad a light as possible. It appears to me that her experiences have opened her eyes to the fact that the reality did not live up to her idealised preconceptions and she recognises and acknowledges that fact.

If she was all full of tearful remorse which is what people seem to expect her to be demonstrating would you even believe her?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Who knows what she has done and been involved in while out there ,and wonder if the families of victims of isis would have the same sympathies .

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Which ideology are you assuming she's referring to? "She'd be all for"...what exactly? Perhaps she's talking about the corruption of Islam. She also made reference to the oppression which she acknowledged was prevalent.

The one that has taken her to the point where she admits to seeing decapitated heads in a basket and it not fazing her, at the age of 19. It could be down to the various "horrors" that she has seen while out there that has lead to her not being fazed by that but to admit she has no regrets about doing what she has done and pretty much only wants to come home due losing 2 children already and not wanting to lose the 3rd.

We don't know the full story, we can only go on that one article for the moment but she hasn't really done herself any favours.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As a British subject, she is entitled to the same rights and protections as anyone else, despite what she may have done (that will be a separate issue for the authorities). If she turns up at a British airport or consulate/embassy then they should do what the would for anyone else, irrespective of what they think of her personally.
Syria needs to rebuild and having thousands of former IS yobs is the last thing they need so their respective countries have to have them back. Mind you, if she was killed in an airstrike like one of her colleagues, I'd not shed a tear.

I have to agree with this, and couldn't put it better myself.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
What a nasty piece of work she is - saw beheaded heads in a bin and was not fazed by it. She should stay where she is and get on with it and surely her British passport has been cancelled long ago. Letting her in cannot be considered conducive to the public good. No doubt Jeremy Corbyn will support her case!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The solicitor representing her says that she should be allowed back and counter terrorism officers should consider treating her as a victim.

Well that's me convinced

Solicitor representing her WTF. Who`s paying for solicitor ?? Surely we aren`t mug enough to let her back !!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Surely she has lost her right to be still considered a British Subject.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So let's get this straight:-

- 2 infant mortalities.
- Forced marriage to a stranger.
- Teenage friend blown to smithereens.
- Severed heads in bins (nice that they aren't litter bugs).

And it's still better than Bethnal Green?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I'm of the view that once someone decides to fight against us they should no longer be classed as a British Citizen/subject, she has joined an organisation that sees us as the enemy, therefore she has forsaken any rights to live in this country.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Shirley as a UK passport holder she is entitled to return, regardless of whether we want her or not. The only thing really up for question is would she be arrested or not.

Clearly she thinks she will, hence all the publicity, and seems to have no remorse.

Seems to me we should be clear she will be arrested,detained and investigated with the possibility of charges for anything she has done or been involved in.

Having served time she is then entitled to be here as a rehabilitated offender, same as all the others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here