Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pack it in. Little or no difference? Her husband will end up here as well one way or another, then his mates and I’m sure they won’t be hanging around as model citizens. These are fanatics, that part is not even up for debate. They have risked their lives just to get to Syria to take part in some things which most people can’t comprehend. Who do you think was cutting the heads off that were in the bin? There’s ever chance these people being in our country is going to have a huge impact on people’s lives.

'Pack it in'? Nice! :lol:

You seem to have assumed a lot about how this is all going to play out.

And yes – I stand by the fact that whatever happens to her, her child or her husband is probably not going to make a great deal of difference to my life. The point I was making wasn't just about this specific example though. Everywhere you look people are moaning about subjects or actions that won't make a blind bit of difference to how they live their life. From the faux outrage about the closure of a small shop in their town that they never ever set foot in, to the number of immigrants who may or may not end up in their home town, which currently has a immigrant population of 0.02%, to whether or not Megan Markle holds her baby bump too much, or if she's even pregnant at all.

But coming back to the story in question, talk me through this bit: 'There’s ever chance these people being in our country is going to have a huge impact on people’s lives.' How so?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I think we should take her back for the sake of the unborn child, if nothing else, who is innocent.

But then we would need to be very, very careful what happens with her when she comes back:

- Seriously examine through Social Services whether she should keep the baby when it is born.
- Should she be charged with anything when she does come back, and if so what.

Even as a wishy-washy liberal I would want to be very careful. During the second world war she could have been interned, which might be a solution

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's tough to get behind the '**** her' 'I hope she rots' 'just take her kid and leave her there' rhetoric.

But as others have said this is more than just 'kids being stoooopid', I don't know what the answer is, but I do know the answer isn't just return to the UK as if nothing has happened.

The answer is return to the UK, face the music and take responsibility for her actions.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Crikey, if you are going to start prosecuting people because of their influences then you’re going to be a very busy boy. Good luck. Can we start by prosecuting the offspring of Tommy Robinson as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Begin where you like. I chose my starting point thanks.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
She’ll be back. We’ve no doubt already chartered a plane to bring her here where we’ll make some token noises about how tough we’re going to be on her before housing her and doing nothing.

Within two years her ‘husband’ will win an appeal and he’ll be here as well.

I can't help thinking you have a very simplistic view of how this will be handled.

The only way her "husband" might come in is if he is British as well. Otherwise, absolutely no way!!!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I find it shocking how many people want to punish her even more, despite her age and despite everything she's already gone through. I find it quite barbaric - but I suppose the same people are likely to support the death penalty right?

She OBVIOUSLY should be let in. It's the right thing to do for so many reasons - she's our citizen, she can face justice, she can then be rehabilitated, and perhaps most importantly she can be studied to help to prevent these things from happening again.

I always thought that what she went through, as you put it, was done voluntarily with no regrets. That to me is barbaric. Whilst it is possible that she could be rehabilitated, I accept, I would not bet on it; she will go back to the same milieu which influenced her in the first place, and whether she would want to be studied, as you put it, is highly unlikely. Would you want to be regarded as some sort of museum piece?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
[/B]

I can't help thinking you have a very simplistic view of how this will be handled.

The only way her "husband" might come in is if he is British as well. Otherwise, absolutely no way!!!

He’s Dutch apparently. But once his British wife is back home he’ll get his appeal to join his loving family underway.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
[/B]

The only way her "husband" might come in is if he is British as well. Otherwise, absolutely no way!!![/QUOTE]

How can you be so sure about that? I always thought that spouses would then have an automatic right, as would children. I am no expert on the matter, but that is always what I have been led to believe.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Isn't it funny how the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade who want her to rot in Syria are the same ones who denounce the Rochdale grooming gang. Maybe it's because she is brown? She was groomed. Maybe they should be blaming the people who groomed her. Yes, lock her up. She may have been brainwashed to believe extreme religious or political ideologies at the age of 15 by the Daesh grooming gangs and needs deradicalising. Lock her up, lock her up! But she is British. Own it!

Hang 'em high and flog 'em brigade. Wow, you are a charmer! No one sensible saying flog her. However she CAN rot in Syria.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
'Pack it in'? Nice! :lol:

You seem to have assumed a lot about how this is all going to play out.

And yes – I stand by the fact that whatever happens to her, her child or her husband is probably not going to make a great deal of difference to my life. The point I was making wasn't just about this specific example though. Everywhere you look people are moaning about subjects or actions that won't make a blind bit of difference to how they live their life. From the faux outrage about the closure of a small shop in their town that they never ever set foot in, to the number of immigrants who may or may not end up in their home town, which currently has a immigrant population of 0.02%, to whether or not Megan Markle holds her baby bump too much, or if she's even pregnant at all.

But coming back to the story in question, talk me through this bit: 'There’s ever chance these people being in our country is going to have a huge impact on people’s lives.' How so?

Because having terrorists in this country impacts people’s lives. Even if they never get to the point of committing a crime, the resources involved in keeping an eye on them will mean even less police on our already near lawless streets.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With the Asia Bibi blasphemy case in Pakistan who was sentenced to death by hanging in 2010, and Britain refusing her asylum for fear of upsetting Muslims, we will probably let this ISIS supporter, who is unfazed by seeing decapitated heads in the street, back into our country to freely bring up her child as an extremist Jihadi. This is how it works in Britain these days.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
.......Yes, 15 year olds do silly things at times, as I well know, but 15year olds do NOT do what she has done......

Well evidently they do but generally not in your (I'm assuming) white, middle class world, which was part of the point I was making. 15 year olds DO go out and join Islamic terrorist groups and that's the worrying thing. And because they do I think it's as important to address the reasons why they do it rather than simply address the consequences once they have happened. It's nothing to do with defending or excusing her behaviour it's about trying to come to an understanding why she and her friends would do such a thing or even be able to, which is just as concerning.
It's as alien to me as it is to you but if a fifteen year old takes the decision to do that I'm rather curious to know and understand her reasons. It's not the sort of thing you do on a whim. If she was motivated by hatred or anger what prompted that anger and hatred and why did she think joining IS was a perfectly reasonable reaction to it?
I'm also interested why she is demonstrating a relative lack of remorse because that's not the attitude I would expect to see expressed in someone who was desperate to return to the UK. Simply condemning her as a cold hearted bitch doesn't help to arrive at any level of understanding as to why.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Where on earth have I implied that? I quite clearly stated "based on that article". I haven't seen her on the news yet. I'm not sure how you could so badly misinterpret and distort the point of my post. A more reasoned response would be that you weren't basing your opinion just on that article as you had also seen her interviewed on the news.
Your response demonstrates a perfect example of what I was arguing about earlier regarding people who selectively paraphrase and by doing so fail to give an accurate picture on which to base their arguments. With respect to that your accusation refering to fake news is quite ironic.

With respect!

In other words **** off... nice one

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well evidently they do but generally not in your (I'm assuming) white, middle class world, which was part of the point I was making. 15 year olds DO go out and join Islamic terrorist groups and that's the worrying thing. And because they do I think it's as important to address the reasons why they do it rather than simply address the consequences once they have happened. It's nothing to do with defending or excusing her behaviour it's about trying to come to an understanding why she and her friends would do such a thing or even be able to, which is just as concerning.
It's as alien to me as it is to you but if a fifteen year old takes the decision to do that I'm rather curious to know and understand her reasons. It's not the sort of thing you do on a whim. If she was motivated by hatred or anger what prompted that anger and hatred and why did she think joining IS was a perfectly reasonable reaction to it?
I'm also interested why she is demonstrating a relative lack of remorse because that's not the attitude I would expect to see expressed in someone who was desperate to return to the UK. Simply condemning her as a cold hearted bitch doesn't help to arrive at any level of understanding as to why.

All that can be done with interrogation, as we should with a terrorist.
Why on earth should she be allowed back to a society she hated and how do we know she will not bring up her next child to hate the society in which she lives in the UK?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hang 'em high and flog 'em brigade. Wow, you are a charmer! No one sensible saying flog her. However she CAN rot in Syria.

I didn't say high, you sadist!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Because having terrorists in this country impacts people’s lives. Even if they never get to the point of committing a crime, the resources involved in keeping an eye on them will mean even less police on our already near lawless streets.

Ah, she's a terrorist. I missed that bit in the story... But a terrorist that might not ever commit a crime. Righto.

So how many terrorists (crime-committing or non-crime-committing) have we got in this country? And of these terrorists, how many of them have you been HUGELY directly impacted by? I've gotta be honest, I'm struggling to see how you come to the conclusion that there is 'every chance' that whatever happens to this woman is going to directly impact your life. As for your latter point, it's not as if the anti-terrorist police that are monitoring her actions (or lack of them) are going to be the same bobbies on the beat in sleepy Hassocks, is it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here