Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
She still thinks the same at 19

quite. Its only a sidepoint really but she strikes me as naive, idealistic and 'innocent' (in certain definitions of that word). I don't think she'd have a clue to keep up with the debates on this thread, or the complications of her position. Everyone assumes she is motivated by hatred for the west, but I read it more that she became infatuated with the 'heroic soldiers of the caliphate', call it brainwashing, sure.

.... like I say, a sidepoint. It would cause huge difficulties for her to return and her association with the evil of that empire will stay with her forever

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
She is IS and by default a member of a terrorist organisation, entering the UK should mean life imprisonment for her and her children taken into care.

Possibly a better future than she is facing right now.

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So she has shown no remorse, still lives by the ideals of IS - and by her choosing is against the Western way of life...yet shes desperate for her baby to be brought up in this society & take whatever she can from the state ??? Abso - bloody - lutely crazy.

Leave her out there & ignore her pleas to return "home". She knew what she was doing when she left these shores 4 years ago, & needs to live by that decision.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wouldn't like to give an opinion either way on whether she should be let back in or not purely on the strength of the content of that one article. Especially as there are already discrepancies in the reporting of certain stated "facts" in the article itself. An article written by a third person who possibly may have his own agenda is hardly the basis on which to form an educated opinion about her, her thinking or her motivations or any threat she may or may not pose. Based on that article I have no idea whether she should or should not be allowed to return to the UK.

She was interviewed and the transcript played on the news....are you saying that they made it all up and the interview is fake?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
You can see why Caroline Lucas is voted for, you can see why this area is a bastion of liberalness with some of the crazy thought processes on show here.

There are as many people on here expressing no sympathy as those taking a more humanitarian view. If you want to join a one dimensional "debate" where everyone agrees she is a "c**t" and her baby is one as well, then go to Millwall's North Stand Banter forum. You'll feel right at home... (incidentally I don't sympathise with her at all, but I am open to other opinions)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
She was interviewed and the transcript played on the news....are you saying that they made it all up and the interview is fake?

Where on earth have I implied that? I quite clearly stated "based on that article". I haven't seen her on the news yet. I'm not sure how you could so badly misinterpret and distort the point of my post. A more reasoned response would be that you weren't basing your opinion just on that article as you had also seen her interviewed on the news.
Your response demonstrates a perfect example of what I was arguing about earlier regarding people who selectively paraphrase and by doing so fail to give an accurate picture on which to base their arguments. With respect to that your accusation refering to fake news is quite ironic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve just seen a photo of her. It’s a Y from me.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If she does return to the UK, my feeling is that she is an unfit mother and the child should be taken into care.

el punal

I just keep seeing her as a 15-year old child. What do they know of the world, really?

You may see her as a 15-year old child and I applaud your sympathetic concern for her. I would imagine she has seen and knows the very worst of the world, but equally, she has to bear some responsibility for her actions - it was her choice to join IS. Many thousands have been affected by the horrors that have taken place, and they had no choice in the matter.

kjgood

She left our society and joined one that is working to overthrow our way of life and values. That was her choice, i'm not sure if she has broken any of our laws by doing that but i suspect she may have. In my eyes she has lost her right to reside here and hold a UK passport. She wanted the Islamic or Syrian way of life, she has it. Not so great is it?

Yes she was young and the whole situation is a tradegy but it is what it is. Entry to our society shouldnt be allowed, she received what she left to get, enjoy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She left our society and joined one that is working to overthrow our way of life and values. That was her choice, i'm not sure if she has broken any of our laws by doing that but i suspect she may have. In my eyes she has lost her right to reside here and hold a UK passport..

You’re not sure if she’s broken any laws but she’s lost her right to reside in the UK? How do you square that? You seem rather confused.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
She is IS and by default a member of a terrorist organisation, entering the UK should mean life imprisonment for her and her children taken into care.

Possibly a better future than she is facing right now.

Don't think she has any children, thought they had both died in an IS camp, hence the reason she wants to come here and have the baby on the NHS. And what about her scum of a husband if that happens? Will he suddenly have a change of mind and no longer be IS? Doubt it.

kjgood

You’re not sure if she’s broken any laws but she’s lost her right to reside in the UK? How do you square that? You seem rather confused.

I square it with she decided to leave our society, reject our values and join a banned group even if she hasnt broken any laws as she was a minor at the time. i'm not confused at all. she shouldnt be let back in.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Her (yet to be born) baby has done nothing wrong.

Let her have the child, then take it away from her, change its name, have it adopted, and leave the mother where she is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here