Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Wasn't the bible written some 300 years after the death of this bloke called JC? With nothing to go on but chinese whispers in those days, can the bible not be seen as a load of bollocks? Same with the Quaran. Religion is a total load of hogwash and those that follow it basically need to be lead.

The Didache was written between 65-80 AD which was written within Jesus' family lifetime. This was the teachings of Jesus which includes The Lords Prayer and a warning of false prophets.

The Bible was canonised by Constantine in the 4th century which is copied from the gospels which were written within 50 years of his death. He was probably a peaceful revolutionary who was unfortunately nailed to the cross.

Apart from anything else Jesus (as the story goes) never beheaded people, raided caravans, slaughtered 600 Jewish men, killed people who criticised him, kept sex slaves, married children or conquered anywhere. If everyone tried to emulate the life of Jesus the world would be fine, but emulating Muhammad we get ISIS Al Shabaab, Al Qaeda, Mujahidin, Talaban Al Nusra etc etc etc.

The story of Jesus is very different to the story of Muhammad, who we know very much more about.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Wasn't the bible written some 300 years after the death of this bloke called JC? With nothing to go on but chinese whispers in those days, can the bible not be seen as a load of bollocks? Same with the Quaran. Religion is a total load of hogwash and those that follow it basically need to be lead.

100%

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This whole thing is a straw-man argument if I ever saw one. Aside from her family and their lawyer, I've not heard a single person suggest we should welcome her back or make any effort to bring her back. I've heard people grudgingly accept that if she finds her way back, the UK cannot turn her away under international law - but that hopefully we have the legislation in place to lock her up on arrival. However don't let that stop it being a rallying call for the right against the mad political correctness of this country.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wasn't the bible written some 300 years after the death of this bloke called JC?
The new version, yes, made up long after he was gone. It's like me and you writing down what Isaac Newton got up to in his spare time, as if we have any idea. Well, apart from sitting under apple trees, I know he liked to do that.

With nothing to go on but chinese whispers in those days, can the bible not be seen as a load of bollocks? Same with the Quaran. Religion is a total load of hogwash and those that follow it basically need to be lead.
Indeed. How anyone with a brain can believe any of it remains a mystery.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apart from anything else Jesus (as the story goes) never beheaded people, raided caravans, slaughtered 600 Jewish men, killed people who criticised him, kept sex slaves, married children or conquered anywhere. If everyone tried to emulate the life of Jesus the world would be fine, but emulating Muhammad we get ISIS Al Shabaab, Al Qaeda, Mujahidin, Talaban Al Nusra etc etc etc.

His modern day followers and those from the past, do behead, hung, drawn and quartered, raped children and women, started probably every war this planet has known, but apart from that, you have to love a religious faith and belief in peace.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Faith or no faith this young woman decided to support an ideal, a regime that is/was abhorent to most people in this country. Her views and beliefs are alien. If she is to be 'de-radicalised' then that should happen where she is over the next five years minimum. If she comes back I hope that if she comes out of the ghetto into which she will disappear that she is hounded mercilessly.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Faith or no faith this young woman decided to support an ideal, a regime that is/was abhorent to most people in this country. Her views and beliefs are alien. If she is to be 'de-radicalised' then that should happen where she is over the next five years minimum. If she comes back I hope that if she comes out of the ghetto into which she will disappear that she is hounded mercilessly.

Before you know it, her, her family and solicitor will be living in a £2.3 mill pad on Kingston Gorse. Who says terrorists don't prosper?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've heard people grudgingly accept that if she finds her way back, the UK cannot turn her away under international law - but that hopefully we have the legislation in place to lock her up on arrival.

She couldn't be turned away under British law actually.

And, as posted earlier, it's not clear what grounds there'd be to lock her up. She could be convicted of being a member of a proscribed organisation - recommended sentence, 4 years - BUT that's for an adult. A good defence lawyer will argue that as she went as a child, that recommendation wouldn't apply.

I'm certainly not saying that the government should do anything to bring her back but, if she were to find her back, not only could little be done to keep her out, I'd be shocked if she served any sort of prison sentence.

Laws are for everyone. We can't suspend one or two because we don't happen to like certain people.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why are they giving her so much air space?

You can't turn on the news without her on...talk about publicity for murderous Islamic ********!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why are they giving her so much air space?

You can't turn on the news without her on...talk about publicity for murderous Islamic ********!

Hence, she will end up with a pad somewhere we can only dream of, because all the nationals and tv will want to buy her story, and as I said before, terrorism does prosper.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
She couldn't be turned away under British law actually.

And, as posted earlier, it's not clear what grounds there'd be to lock her up. She could be convicted of being a member of a proscribed organisation - recommended sentence, 4 years - BUT that's for an adult. A good defence lawyer will argue that as she went as a child, that recommendation wouldn't apply.

I'm certainly not saying that the government should do anything to bring her back but, if she were to find her back, not only could little be done to keep her out, I'd be shocked if she served any sort of prison sentence.

Laws are for everyone. We can't suspend one or two because we don't happen to like certain people.

Members of the so called 'beatles' are where facing justice exactly? Just because she has a vag and didn't wield a knife shouldn't excuse the disgusting cow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His modern day followers and those from the past, do behead, hung, drawn and quartered, raped children and women, started probably every war this planet has known, but apart from that, you have to love a religious faith and belief in peace.

Every war? The communists don't believe in any god but have started a few wars.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Didache was written between 65-80 AD which was written within Jesus' family lifetime. This was the teachings of Jesus which includes The Lords Prayer and a warning of false prophets.

The Bible was canonised by Constantine in the 4th century which is copied from the gospels which were written within 50 years of his death. He was probably a peaceful revolutionary who was unfortunately nailed to the cross.

The story of Jesus is very different to the story of Muhammad, who we know very much more about.

Non Christian documents from Jewish and Roman historians were also written in that timeline, mentioning Jesus, Pilate, and Christians.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Indeed. Look here, "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

or "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die"

Oh, sorry, those are from the Bible - that's what Christians believe

I've said it before (not necessarily to you, Gwylan) and I will say it again. Just because it is in the Bible doesn't mean that Christians believe it...…. some fundamentalists (the clue is in the word fundamentalist) might go along with that. The vast, vast majority would not.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I've said it before (not necessarily to you, Gwylan) and I will say it again. Just because it is in the Bible doesn't mean that Christians believe it...…. some fundamentalists (the clue is in the word fundamentalist) might go along with that. The vast, vast majority would not.

Indeed, most people just reflect on their 'lessons'. Care for others, turn the other cheek, have empathy, consideration, acceptance. Most christian values TODAY are benign and inclusive. Christians may rile at Irish bakeries being scapegoated or same sex church weddings but they are not going to cut your head off.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Jesus is a prophet of Muhammad and was a Jew. I am not sure we know more about Muhammad. As far as emulation I am not sure many could accomplish an immaculate conception to emulate his life and resurection though I might give the latter a go sorry mum.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As a Muslim living in the US I am literally shocked you guys would even consider allowing her back in. I literally thought the headline was a joke. I don't understand how you can make a choice to go to a place like she did, under those circumstances, be completely part of the life and atrocities, most importantly be completely unrepentant and then still demand to come back. Maybe she is actually a man because that takes some real balls.

She's pretty stupid too -- if she wanted to come back in I think if she had the insight to say I've made a terrible mistake and I've been a prisoner for the past xxx years then people would feel much more empathy towards her and say she was a brainwashed kid and made a bad mistake. But the interview she gave clearly shows she's a danger and 100% unrepentant. Why bring her back only to charge her and jail her.. then your taxes would still be going to support her, and sometimes the most dangerous thing is a collection of sick minds in jail with lots of time to infect everyone else. If you guys let her back in I will be so perplexed by how a country that I thought I shared a society with could be so different from me.

with regard to your last sentence ...i feel there are probably about 58 million people in the UK who feel exactly the same ........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here