Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
She got there by stealing and selling her mothers jewels and stealing her sisters passport as she hasnt got one

Well if she is that resourceful she can get herself home then can't she? Every time her arrogant, unrepentant face appears on the news I have an overwhelming urge to shoot her. British or not she should stay where she is and get on with it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Unfortunately for you and your lot the death penalty for treason was scrapped in 1998 under the Crime And Disorder Act. Unlucky.

My lot?

Which planet are you from?

I did not mention death penalty.
Does this make you one of the softie do gooder lot?

PS. User name very apt :)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...r-detained-syria-links-isil-say-miss-freedom/

We were going on holiday but ended up in Syria'- British family detained for Isil links plea for return to Britain

A family from Manchester detained in Syria on suspicion of links to Isil has said they want to return to Britain for a better life for their children after being captured by Western-backed forces.

Safiya Zaynab, 51, mother of daughters Shabina Aslam, 29, and Alireza Sabar, 17, from Didsbury said they missed their freedom and wanted to be allowed back home.

They claimed a relative told them they were going on holiday to Turkey in 2014 but from there they “ended up in Syria”.

“We don’t know how it happened and since then we have been trying to escape, but it has not been possible,” Ms Aslam said.

The family was interviewed after being picked up by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) near the eastern Syrian town of Hajin in January by a freelance journalist, but the Telegraph is today revealing their identities.

“We all miss our life before, we miss freedom, independence, no fear,” Ms Aslam told Jana Andert for Channel 4, saying that she also missed British food such as fish and chips.

"We want to go back to England, back to my family, I want my children to have a normal life,” she said, clutching her young daughter while they waited at an SDF screening point.

Ms Aslam had two children with her husband while they were living inside the so-called caliphate, daughters Khaulah Waseem, three, and one-year-old Sarah Waseem.

Alireza had one child, one-year-old son Qasem.

Ms Aslam said she finished a degree at the Manchester University and was training to become a teacher before she travelled to the region. “But then everything changed,” she said.

She claimed life inside Isil-held Syria was hard, particularly after her husband was killed a year ago.

“You can’t trust anyone, we asked the Syrians and Iraqis to leave but no one wanted to help us. The culture was completely different,” said Ms Aslam, who is of Pakistani descent.

“The Arabs never help the women, they just pushed them towards marriage,” she added. She called the jihadist group she is accused of joining “extreme” because of its use of suicide bombing, which she called "unIslamic".

“I don’t regret anything because we came on a holiday, which then turned into this,” she said. “I don’t know how, it’s never been explained to me.”

Speaking from his home in Didsbury on Friday, the women’s father and husband said he had split from his wife in 2014 and that he thought the family had since moved to Saudi Arabia.

Safiya Zaynab, 51, mother of daughters Shabina Aslam, 29, and Alireza Sabar, 17, from Didsbury said they missed their freedom and wanted to be allowed back home.

They claimed a relative told them they were going on holiday to Turkey in 2014 but from there they “ended up in Syria”.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...r-detained-syria-links-isil-say-miss-freedom/

We were going on holiday but ended up in Syria'- British family detained for Isil links plea for return to Britain

A family from Manchester detained in Syria on suspicion of links to Isil has said they want to return to Britain for a better life for their children after being captured by Western-backed forces.

“We don’t know how it happened and since then we have been trying to escape, but it has not been possible,” Ms Aslam said.

The family was interviewed after being picked up by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) near the eastern Syrian town of Hajin in January by a freelance journalist, but the Telegraph is today revealing their identities.

“We all miss our life before, we miss freedom, independence, no fear,” Ms Aslam told Jana Andert for Channel 4, saying that she also missed British food such as fish and chips.

"We want to go back to England, back to my family, I want my children to have a normal life,” she said, clutching her young daughter while they waited at an SDF screening point.

Ms Aslam had two children with her husband while they were living inside the so-called caliphate, daughters Khaulah Waseem, three, and one-year-old Sarah Waseem.

Alireza had one child, one-year-old son Qasem.

Ms Aslam said she finished a degree at the Manchester University and was training to become a teacher before she travelled to the region. “But then everything changed,” she said.

She claimed life inside Isil-held Syria was hard, particularly after her husband was killed a year ago.

“You can’t trust anyone, we asked the Syrians and Iraqis to leave but no one wanted to help us. The culture was completely different,” said Ms Aslam, who is of Pakistani descent.

“The Arabs never help the women, they just pushed them towards marriage,” she added. She called the jihadist group she is accused of joining “extreme” because of its use of suicide bombing, which she called "unIslamic".

“I don’t regret anything because we came on a holiday, which then turned into this,” she said. “I don’t know how, it’s never been explained to me.”

Speaking from his home in Didsbury on Friday, the women’s father and husband said he had split from his wife in 2014 and that he thought the family had since moved to Saudi Arabia.

Are they sure?

I went on holiday to Bognor once and thought I was in Vladivostok.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
As a Muslim living in the US I am literally shocked you guys would even consider allowing her back in. I literally thought the headline was a joke. I don't understand how you can make a choice to go to a place like she did, under those circumstances, be completely part of the life and atrocities, most importantly be completely unrepentant and then still demand to come back. Maybe she is actually a man because that takes some real balls.

She's pretty stupid too -- if she wanted to come back in I think if she had the insight to say I've made a terrible mistake and I've been a prisoner for the past xxx years then people would feel much more empathy towards her and say she was a brainwashed kid and made a bad mistake. But the interview she gave clearly shows she's a danger and 100% unrepentant. Why bring her back only to charge her and jail her.. then your taxes would still be going to support her, and sometimes the most dangerous thing is a collection of sick minds in jail with lots of time to infect everyone else. If you guys let her back in I will be so perplexed by how a country that I thought I shared a society with could be so different from me.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
If you guys let her back in I will be so perplexed by how a country that I thought I shared a society with could be so different from me.

If she gets back in, it will be because she is British. Sometimes respecting the law means taking the rough with the smooth - and she is very rough. And having laws also means sometimes having to spend tax payers' money to put people in jail.

If she's Britain's trash, it is for Britain to clean it up.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I feel a bit nervous popping back into this thread - but can I ask what exactly she has done that is evil or illegal?
Went to join a group that's ultimate aim is to kill or destroy all of us non-muslims. You don't have any issue with that ? She would be more than happy if you and your loved ones were blown up in a suicide bombing. Can't say I'm keen on rolling out the red carpet for her return. Plenty in Bethnal Green will be though. Our very own vipers nest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Went to join a group that's ultimate aim is to kill or destroy all of us non-muslims. You don't have any issue with that ? She would be more than happy if you and your loved ones were blown up in a suicide bombing. Can't say I'm keen on rolling out the red carpet for her return. Plenty in Bethnal Green will be though. Our very own vipers nest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry but as much as I detest IS, she didn't join as a fighter, she hasn't been a terrorist and theres Geneva conventions against imprisoning / killing civilians. Most think she should be locked up or have a bullet to her brain, and again I ask, on what basis?

Juan Albion

Sorry but as much as I detest IS, she didn't join as a fighter, she hasn't been a terrorist and theres Geneva conventions against imprisoning / killing civilians. Most think she should be locked up or have a bullet to her brain, and again I ask, on what basis?

I think she can be charged with giving support to a terrorist organisation. Could be wrong though.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

One less cretin in the world...:shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

She voluntarily left the Uk to join IS, doesn't have any regrets despite losing two children, was completely fine with seeing a head of a 'captive' in a bin, her husband who she still loves is a convicted IS terrorist. Would you be happy having her walk freely around a neighbourhood you or your family live in?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Begin where you like. I chose my starting point thanks.

Well, you don’t actually, that’s why we have certain social contracts that are guided by laws.

I’d rather she stayed where she was though. I don’t think she’s going to become the sort of citizen we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan Albion

She voluntarily left the Uk to join IS, doesn't have any regrets despite losing two children, was completely fine with seeing a head of a 'captive' in a bin, her husband who she still loves is a convicted IS terrorist. Would you be happy having her walk freely around a neighbourhood you or your family live in?

Being unhappy to have someone living near you doesn't really count for anything though. Otherwise I'd nuke Croydon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here