Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Now I know this is a troll posting.

Really? I am not trolling at all and find it odd that you think so. I suppose it takes all sorts of views which is great that we find on here but I can assure you I am not a WUM.
Why are we scared of a 19 year old, who isn't Joan of Arc, in this day and age. Apart from Daliy Mail readers who is worried by this girl?

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Really? I am not trolling at all and find it odd that you think so. I suppose it takes all sorts of views which is great that we find on here but I can assure you I am not a WUM.
Why are we scared of a 19 year old, who isn't Joan of Arc, in this day and age. Apart from Daliy Mail readers who is worried by this girl?

The parents of the children killed in Manchester have voiced there concerns.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Why should DM readers in particular be worried?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I heard on the radio that she has called her baby an Islamic name (that I can’t recall) which translates to something like “ act with violence” or “ kill with violence” or similar.

For that reason alone it’s probably best she stay away. It’s pretty obvious she only wants to come home now that ISIS have had their arse kicked. As a compromise we should take the baby in and give it a chance but her? Get to ****.

Jarrah

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why should DM readers in particular be worried?

Are people scared of her? I’m not, I just don’t think she should be afforded the privilege of living in the U.K. after she eschewed our values for those of a mob of murderous barbarians.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I heard on the radio that she has called her baby an Islamic name (that I can’t recall) which translates to something like “ act with violence” or “ kill with violence” or similar.

For that reason alone it’s probably best she stay away. It’s pretty obvious she only wants to come home now that ISIS have had their arse kicked. As a compromise we should take the baby in and give it a chance but her? Get to ****.

Again, doesn’t seem fair that we shirk our responsibility (I.e. of dealing with our citizen) and let Syria deal with her. If she decides to blow herself up in a market square when ordinary Syrians are buying their fruit and veg then I couldnt abide by that. Bring her home, stick her in prison after a trail and put the baby into care to have a proper chance in life.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
She'll probably get to return, some smart arsed lawyer (paid for by?) will get her 3.5 hours community service on a technicality then we're allowed to sit back and enjoy her reaping the rewards of our benefit system.

Happy days.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
She'll probably get to return, some smart arsed lawyer (paid for by?) will get her 3.5 hours community service on a technicality then we're allowed to sit back and enjoy her reaping the rewards of our benefit system.

Happy days.

And then she will sell her story and make wheelbarrows full of £

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

If you are not trolling or a WUM ,you are either very good at playing Devils advocate, or you are a bit of a terrorist sympathiser.

You seem far too worried about someone that joined an evil terrorist organisation.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Again, doesn’t seem fair that we shirk our responsibility (I.e. of dealing with our citizen) and let Syria deal with her. If she decides to blow herself up in a market square when ordinary Syrians are buying their fruit and veg then I couldnt abide by that. Bring her home, stick her in prison after a trail and put the baby into care to have a proper chance in life.
The problems are likely to arise with this 'trial'. What will she be charged with and what evidence will be brought? I doubt that 'being disrespectful to Manchester bomb victims' or 'cheering executions and heads in a basket' would constitute an act of terrorism. Is being a member of ISIS an act of treason? The only thing she did was to leave the UK for a country that was on the Foreign Office 'don't visit' list. Any trial could collapse within days and the press would be all over Javid for allowing her to walk free. It's a no-win for the government, but it would be worse if she was brought back but couldn't be successfully prosecuted.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
If you are not trolling or a WUM ,you are either very good at playing Devils advocate, or you are a bit of a terrorist sympathiser.

You seem far too worried about someone that joined an evil terrorist organisation.

And he’s not the only one, it seems. There are millions of people in this world deserving of our help - Asia Bibi for starters, currently trying to stay under cover and not get lynched by the fascist Islamist mobs in Pakistan for being a Christian.But no, the only person loads of people are getting worked up about is an unrepentant Islamist nut job, who, as I’ve said before, rushed off to join the caliphate after it had beheaded two British aid workers. Truly astonishing. As for them shouting out about racism - Islam is a religion, not a race. I say actually the racism is the other way, if she was a white neo-Nazi who had done the same thing for a Nazi caliphate, there’s no way these same people would want her back. the UK we currently have an anti-Semitism crisis, so why are we falling over ourselves to let another anti-Semite back?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

No one is scared of her. But she has forfeited her right to live amongst us. As Easy said, let her rot in Syria.

Now you are either a troll, an attention seeker or a terrorist sympathiser. I hope not the latter. Just a silly troll I believe.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No one is scared of her. But she has forfeited her right to live amongst us. As Easy said, let her rot in Syria.

I agree, but only if our laws and international law allows us to do that. Democracy is a respect of the rule of law. No good fighting for our freedoms but then ignoring them when it suits us.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
The problems are likely to arise with this 'trial'. What will she be charged with and what evidence will be brought? I doubt that 'being disrespectful to Manchester bomb victims' or 'cheering executions and heads in a basket' would constitute an act of terrorism. Is being a member of ISIS an act of treason? The only thing she did was to leave the UK for a country that was on the Foreign Office 'don't visit' list. Any trial could collapse within days and the press would be all over Javid for allowing her to walk free. It's a no-win for the government, but it would be worse if she was brought back but couldn't be successfully prosecuted.

I agree with you but if she cannot be prosecuted (I am no expert but perhaps aiding and abetting/encouragement of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2006?) or sanctioned under the mental health act (heads in bins etc) then I still feel unconformable with letting Syria/Bangladesh deal with the problem. In the UK we (quite rightly most of the time) consider ourselves to be champions of freedom and democracy and have internationally championed these causes throughout history. This just seems like a delegation of duty in my opinion.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I agree, but only if our laws and international law allows us to do that

I agree with that also. I fully expect her to eventually be allowed back. I hope I am wrong. But she has to face the consequences and be prosecuted and jailed. Would that happen?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Not sure I would feel comfortable, say sitting on a bus or in a train with her. Maybe irrational but would be worried that she might be suicide bomber. would you ?

Good point but if she were allowed back she would be watched 24/7.

Best just forget her and keep her out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here