Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Funy how this piece of news has got more traction than this

ttps://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/saudi-arabia-uk-arms-sales-weapons-yemen-civil-war-house-lords-report-a8781181.html

Still, this single individual is much more of a threat.

This individual is claiming dual loyalty to Islam and Britain but wants to pick which parts suit her at this precise moment.

There is a good analogy with Unity Mitford the British Aristocrat and rabid Nazi who shot herself in the head when Britain declared war on Germany in 1939 who was then was flown home to spend the remainder of her miserable life in a hospital bed with intermittent meningitis.

At least Unity realised she was a traitor and miserable shit and shunned media attention. Unlike this piece of turd airing her dirty laundry on sky news.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This individual is claiming dual loyalty to Islam and Britain but wants to pick which parts suit her at this precise moment.

There is a good analogy with Unity Mitford the British Aristocrat and rabid Nazi who shot herself in the head when Britain declared war on Germany in 1939 who was then was flown home to spend the remainder of her miserable life in a hospital bed with intermittent meningitis.

At least Unity realised she was a traitor and miserable shit and shunned media attention. Unlike this piece of turd airing her dirty laundry on sky news.

I suppose Sky News could have, at some point, decided not to put her on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No expert in this area but my understanding is that she is a British citizen only (as in does not hold dual citizenship) and as such we cannot revoke this as it would make her stateless. The child is also entitled to citizenship.

Not sure how this will play out but suspect when push comes to shove, putting the citizens rights aside it will come down to “human rights” ......

There's a really good explanation of the legal issues here

The summary is that the Home Secretary has limited powers to prevent her return (and it's not to do with human rights but with the UK's own Nationality Act and Prevention of Terrorism Act). Even more interestingly, the barrister says that there's also limited scope to prosecute her.

However, there's no obligation on the government to get her back but if she makes her way under her own steam, there's not much to be done to keep her out. What's particularly noteworthy is that if she's deported (by Turkey or Syria or Iraq) then there's nothing that can be done to keep her out, we'd have to accept her.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Shamima Begum - the UK schoolgirl who joined the Islamic State group in Syria but now wants to come home - is "damaged" and will need mental health support, her family's lawyer has said.

Tax payers money

The family fully expect her to be quite damaged and so they would want an assessment around Shamima, and also as much help around her mental health and recalibration effectively into normal thinking as possible.

Tax payers money

"Her family will always want to bring their child home and bring her to safety, and particularly the innocent grandchild that now is in existence," said Mr Akunjee.

Tax payers money

"In terms of any criminal proceedings, that's something she invariably will face depending on what evidence is against her."

Tax payers money

People should have sympathy towards me for everything I've been through.

No we shouldn't.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
and yet more fuel to the, what would most call it, 'Alt-Right'?

exactly .......another slap in the face for the food bank using , street dwelling , pension age ex service people who are told there is not enough money to find them shelter ....not sure how far these libertarian , do gooder , law makers think they can push the general public with this bollox........it really is beyond ridicule.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Why not send her entire family over the her, that would save a few quid, and they could all be together again.

Bends over to light blue touch paper.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
There is no such thing as moderate Islam.

:ffsparr: That's the most idiotic and prejudiced thing I have seen written on here for quite a while.

I know plenty of moderate Muslims.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:ffsparr: That's the most idiotic and prejudiced thing I have seen written on here for quite a while.

I know plenty of moderate Muslims.
You may well know plenty of 'Moderate Muslims'. Unfortunately the teachings of Muhammad are far from being moderate. It appears to be the most intolerant of all religions and whose sole aim is to destroy 'non believers' or those who choose to try and leave Islam.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
totally agree,I know pleanty of moderate Muslims and are pleased to call them friends. But in her case she is not a moderate Muslim and should not be allowed back

But, as posted above, there is no legal way to stop her being allowed back, irrespective of what sort of Muslim she is

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Scenario will be she is allowed back here with her hatred towards our way of life. She may even cause the deaths of people here. Who knows? She'll probably get two years in a mental hospital where she will be 'de-radicalised' and allowed to live next door to some unsuspecting poor family, paid for by the tax payer. We'll, as a nation of workers, pay for her lifestyle whilst she sneers at our way of living. All swept under the carpet and we all forget about it in a couple of years. We're a country of total mugs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She's a terrorist, and should get the appropriate punishment. Obviously she should also be studied, so we can learn lessons to help prevent other kids being radicalised.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
You may well know plenty of 'Moderate Muslims'. Unfortunately the teachings of Muhammad are far from being moderate. It appears to be the most intolerant of all religions and whose sole aim is to destroy 'non believers' or those who choose to try and leave Islam.
Its sole aim? Well in that case all the Muslims that I know need to get their act together - not one of them has tried to destroy me. Probably just trying to lull me into a false sense of security...

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Scenario will be she is allowed back here with her hatred towards our way of life. She may even cause the deaths of people here. Who knows? She'll probably get two years in a mental hospital where she will be 'de-radicalised' and allowed to live next door to some unsuspecting poor family, paid for by the tax payer. We'll, as a nation of workers, pay for her lifestyle whilst she sneers at our way of living. All swept under the carpet and we all forget about it in a couple of years. .

Prob sell her story ... maybe blockbuster film !! We're a country of total mugs if we let her back .. Now paying for the rest of her family along with her Lawyer one way travel costs to Syria. I`d happily chip in for that !!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
most of them have died or been murdered Diablo, so won't be that expensive

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Indeed. Look here, "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

or "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die"

Oh, sorry, those are from the Bible - that's what Christians believe

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here