Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
At the end of the day you can't just de-nationalise people. If she's a British citizen then she has a right to come back here, if she's committed a crime then charge her and let the courts deal with it.

I understand why people get emotional about this stuff, but the reality is that she's our society's problem to deal with, and I'm not trying to dress anything up here - 15yo girls deciding to go to a warzone is a problem

Good luck with that!
This behaviour amounts to treason and should be dealt with accordingly

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well evidently they do but generally not in your (I'm assuming) white, middle class world, which was part of the point I was making. 15 year olds DO go out and join Islamic terrorist groups and that's the worrying thing. And because they do I think it's as important to address the reasons why they do it rather than simply address the consequences once they have happened. It's nothing to do with defending or excusing her behaviour it's about trying to come to an understanding why she and her friends would do such a thing or even be able to, which is just as concerning.
It's as alien to me as it is to you but if a fifteen year old takes the decision to do that I'm rather curious to know and understand her reasons. It's not the sort of thing you do on a whim. If she was motivated by hatred or anger what prompted that anger and hatred and why did she think joining IS was a perfectly reasonable reaction to it?
I'm also interested why she is demonstrating a relative lack of remorse because that's not the attitude I would expect to see expressed in someone who was desperate to return to the UK. Simply condemning her as a cold hearted bitch doesn't help to arrive at any level of understanding as to why.

But it might well do -have you thought about that in your attempts to discover why she acted as she did. She has no regrets and I am certain that she only wants to "come home" as ISIS is now all but destroyed -do you think that she would have been bleating like this, had they got their caliphate? As to why -if my memory serves me right from those years ago, was this the case where the Police grovelingly apologised to the father for not stopping her, the father having claimed that he had no idea that she would want to do such a thing as travel to join the murderous terrorists - the same father later pictured screaming at some muslim protest. There is your answer - she was brought up in a milieu that quite happily supported extremism, and there is every chance that, once back home she and her children will continue to do so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Girl is obviously a bit thick.

Whoever wished a Jo Cox fate on her is a dick.

If the gormless twerp manages to get her silly arse back in the UK she will go to jail.

No sure what the special outrage is here. What about the 16 year old who allegedly raped, tortured and murdered a 6 year old in Scotland? Or was it the new partner of the father? Horrible case. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good luck with that!

I agree. British citizens declaring war on Britain is treason.

But she's still a British citizen.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My own thoughts, for what they’re worth.
She fled to Syria to be an ISIS bride at the age of 15. We ( on this board)have no idea what sort of radicalisation she was subjected to before she went, but, I imagine it is an extreme form of brainwashing practised by other religious cults. She was in an arranged marriage to a Dutch Moslem convert, who was subsequently tortured by Daiesh as a suspected spy. She also lost two children, in a quite horrific way. If she hasn’t got PTSD, I would be amazed.
Her situation in Syria, although exceptional to us, would have been ‘normal ‘ for her after a while,and the underlying threat of becoming another victim of the Islamic death cult that ISIS evolved into, must have been at the front of her mind throughout her involvement with them.
I think that she will be allowed to return here as other ISIS brides have been allowed to, but didn’t have the publicity of this case.
The security services will be all over her like a rash,probably with restrictions on internet use, mobile phone use, and interaction with’persons of interest’.
We are a liberal society, we have not had the death penalty here for over 50 years now, and some of the monsters that now reside at Her Majesty’s Pleasure, are a case in point that we will not allow ourselves to carry out actions that reduce us to the level of them.

I’ve probably been a bit long winded in putting my thoughts across, but, basically, she’s ours, unfortunately, she will be allowed back, because, it’s the law.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
She's stuffed either way. Stay over there and; one way or another, she'll cop it. Come back here and one way or another she'll cop it. Unfortunately for her she's made her bed and no-one will forgive her...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If she can make her own way back I'm sure we have a nice secure place for her,Sellafield,hopefully.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Good luck with that!

Unfortunately for you and your lot the death penalty for treason was scrapped in 1998 under the Crime And Disorder Act. Unlucky.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Girl is obviously a bit thick.

Whoever wished a Jo Cox fate on her is a dick.

If the gormless twerp manages to get her silly arse back in the UK she will go to jail.

No sure what the special outrage is here. What about the 16 year old who allegedly raped, tortured and murdered a 6 year old in Scotland? Or was it the new partner of the father? Horrible case. :shrug:

As the saying goes, I would put my mortgage on her not gong to jail; she has a child, we musn't offend minorities, she is naïve; she needs to be supported, -and doubtless you could think of others. The outrage is purely because this is the thread -you are right in that there are others, such as you mention, and had a thread been started on that, there would doubtless have been many responses demonstrating people's anger. I for one get really angry at cruelty to children.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Ah, she's a terrorist. I missed that bit in the story... But a terrorist that might not ever commit a crime. Righto.

So how many terrorists (crime-committing or non-crime-committing) have we got in this country? And of these terrorists, how many of them have you been HUGELY directly impacted by? I've gotta be honest, I'm struggling to see how you come to the conclusion that there is 'every chance' that whatever happens to this woman is going to directly impact your life. As for your latter point, it's not as if the anti-terrorist police that are monitoring her actions (or lack of them) are going to be the same bobbies on the beat in sleepy Hassocks, is it?

No, not a terrorist, she probably just got on the wrong bus at Bethnal Green and fell asleep, next thing she knew she was in Syria.

The counter terrism budget currently weighs in at just over 15 billion. I think even in your sparkly glittery world that keeps a few police off the street.

And as for how my life has been impacted by terrorists, I have been incredibly lucky not to have anyone directly involved in some of the horrrific things we’ve seen over the years. Lucky old me eh, thanks god it’s happened to other people.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bring her back to seek help with speakers of the world religions in the message that God is supposed to be a good person.

Her baby which hasn't been born yet should have a chance in life unlike her previous two children. That person is innocent.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
As the saying goes, I would put my mortgage on her not gong to jail; she has a child, we musn't offend minorities, she is naïve; she needs to be supported, -and doubtless you could think of others. The outrage is purely because this is the thread -you are right in that there are others, such as you mention, and had a thread been started on that, there would doubtless have been many responses demonstrating people's anger. I for one get really angry at cruelty to children.

Victims of her beloved ISIS.

Childcruel.jpg

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I still believe detain under a life sentence. De-radicalise. Interrogate.
Thread has been interesting. Quite a few people seemed to want to employ the methods of isis, to some wanting not so much.
People referencing money from our taxes shouldnt be used, but probably did not complain about our taxes being used to bomb
the shit out of the middle east over the last how many years, something which I imagine would turn most on this board into terrorists
if the role was reversed. Probably not the last case of its sort, plenty to go im sure.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What people on here don't seem to get is that it won't be the forces of law and order that sort this out wherever she ends up, it will be the forces of extremism...basically like it or not, she's f**ked.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Thread has been interesting. Quite a few people seemed to want to employ the methods of isis, to some wanting not so much.
People referencing money from our taxes shouldnt be used, but probably did not complain about our taxes being used to bomb
the shit out of the middle east over the last how many years, something which I imagine would turn most on this board into terrorists
if the role was reversed.
Probably not the last case of its sort, plenty to go im sure.

A massive and totally unsubstantiated generalisation designed to give credence to your point.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
if the role was reversed. Probably not the last case of its sort, plenty to go im sure.

You make a very good point in there. Saying we should string her up or throw her to the wolves is exactly the same sort of behaviour we’re all so appalled by when it’s carried out by someone else.

It’s so difficult because we’ve seen so many times gingerly tip toeing around can have catastrophic consequences, throwing her in prison for the rest of her life doesn’t really create any winners, hanging her from a tree makes us no better than IS while leaving her there is kind of the worst of all three.

God knows what’s best, it’s just so tragic that this even needs dealing with at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here