Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hang on. Because she's an ISIS supporter she is more aligned with the values of Bangladeshis? Is there a spectrum? Bit ISIS-y = Bangladesh, not ISIS-y at all = Britain

Better go and ask a Bangladeshi what they think about that. Hadn't we?

Nope, but her strong Islamic views coincide more with the more Islamic country that is Bangladesh. It shouldn't be hard to understand that.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In which case I'm sure Bangladesh will not grant her citizenship and if she has any form of moral compass she will have to try elsewhere before coming crawling back here. If we have to have her back, we have to have her back - I'd just advocate making that as difficult as possible though.

I'm not advocating FCO officials rushing to assist her, far from it. The SDF wont let her out the camp without consular assistance anyway and Bangladeshi officials wont be rushing there to help her either. Ever.

The baby does complicate matters, legally and otherwise. If we are to ultimately have to accept Ms Begum back, that baby needs to be brought out of there and put into care long before it learns to speak.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bangladeshi society, would naturally fit more into her idea of how a country should operate than the UK which keeps interfering with middle eastern countries, meaning the problem is unlikely to go away.

That'll be why ISIL are bombing and murdering innocent people in Bangladesh then? Because IS sympathisers like her fit in and really like it there?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That'll be why ISIL are bombing and murdering innocent people in Bangladesh then? Because IS sympathisers like her fit in and really like it there?

Don't be daft. IS are bad for us and Bangladesh. There is no doubt. I am suggesting that the girl who clearly has such strong views of what a society should look like, would have less trouble integrating into an Islamic society than the secular society of the UK.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How can the primary religion of Bangladesh be irrelevant? She left this country as she hates and despises western values and disagrees strongly enough to go and join the worst terrorist group in the world for many years. She wanted to impose Islam on Syria, Iraq and a primary aim of IS is to provoke a holy war in Europe. Bangladeshi society, would naturally fit more into her idea of how a country should operate than the UK which keeps interfering with middle eastern countries, meaning the problem is unlikely to go away.

She is still British, why Bangladesh any more suitable a place for a terrorist than Britain? Your argument will hold no weight in court, I know its frustrating but she's ours. If she can't get out of Syria thats her problem, but if she makes it to a UK Embassy we have to deal with it

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don't be daft. IS are bad for us and Bangladesh. There is no doubt. I am suggesting that the girl who clearly has such strong views of what a society should look like, would have less trouble integrating into an Islamic society than the secular society of the UK.

But in Bangladesh and in Iraq and Syria (where she was living in the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Caliphate) the girl and those who have such strong views like her on what a society should look like, do seem to have trouble integrating, hence they don't like the status quo there either, hence they're killing people around them who don't share their views and cutting their heads off etc.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
She is still British, why Bangladesh any more suitable a place for a terrorist than Britain? Your argument will hold no weight in court, I know its frustrating but she's ours. If she can't get out of Syria thats her problem, but if she makes it to a UK Embassy we have to deal with it

I am of the mind that if she is British then we should deal with her. However I would be pleased if she were legally Bangladeshi and did not return. It is a fact though that if she strongly objects enough to our liberal society, she will find integrating nigh on impossible.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I am of the mind that if she is British then we should deal with her. However I would be pleased if she were legally Bangladeshi and did not return. It is a fact though that if she strongly objects enough to our liberal society, she will find integrating nigh on impossible.

I'm British, let me deal with her, the scummy little terrorist

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The child isn't Syrian. It doesn't work like that - it was born in a refugee camp to a British Mother - this further complicates the legal arguments to her advantage. The 'woulds' and 'should' in the rest of your post are irrelevant to the due legal process in all this ultimately.

Jeez, I think you are starting to make statements you dont support.

The child was born in Syria to a Bangladeshi/British mum and Dutch Dad. As it stands the kid is more syrian than its Mum or Dad. If there are worries about its welfare the Syrian authorities can take it into care.

If Mum’s parents are worried they can take it back to where they come from.....Bangladesh.

See, its easy really.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Jeez, I think you are starting to make statements you dont support.

The child was born in Syria to a Bangladeshi/British mum and Dutch Dad. As it stands the kid is more syrian than its Mum or Dad. If there are worries about its welfare the Syrian authorities can take it into care.

If Mum’s parents are worried they can take it back to where they come from.....Bangladesh.

See, its easy really.

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid, but you carry on.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
UK criminals living abroad have to be brought home to face justice for crimes committed in this country or against this country.

But then we - the taxpayers - have to shell out for her kid and keeping her banged up for the next 30 years or more.

Stuff that. I want my taxes spent on NHS, schools etc etc not on a rancid terrorist who went to war against her country of birth.

Let her rot where she is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2) The message it sends out to other young people is that if you make this choice you can always come back.
If she is allowed back, and not locked up for a long time, I agree. If, however, she is de-radicalised, she could be used to do the opposite.
3) If she ended up in prison she would be an ideal recruiter for IS.
How so?

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
But then we - the taxpayers - have to shell out for her kid and keeping her banged up for the next 30 years or more.

Stuff that. I want my taxes spent on NHS, schools etc etc not on a rancid terrorist who went to war against her country of birth.

Let her rot where she is.

Ah, the old taxes argument. There are a load of things my taxes are spent on that I'm not happy about. Unfortunately we don't don't get to pick and choose. Excuse the whataboutery, but what about UK paedophiles that flee to the Far East? What about UK armed robbers living it up in South America? There are literally hundreds of wanted UK criminals living abroad. Do they all get a pass as well because they've turned their back on their country and we as taxpayers don't want to pay for their justice? What happens if 10 years down the line Begum is no longer living in a refugee camp, but instead pictured doing all right for herself? Would you want her back and punished then or would you still be ok with her getting away with it? Amazing, I'm a left-leaning voter and I'm actually having a discussion where I'm advocating stronger law and order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here